stupidity ...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

stupidity ...

Postby middleway on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:17 am

Brilliant .... although not so much for all my friends and MA brothers across the pond .... :D

lol

Cheers
Chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Re: stupidity ...

Postby RobP on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:30 am

Actually, two right answers - Tony Blair is an actor - and Germany is part of the Axis of Evil (and forever will be for bombing our chip shop....)

Scary
RobP

Postby Ian on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:31 am

triangles have no sides and buddhist monks are islamic...

there are more of them then there are of us! the stupid will inherit the earth!
Ian

Postby cerebus on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:27 am

Okay, I officially would like to seceed from the U.S. after watching that clip. Are people really THAT stupid? I mean, there's infinite stupidity, then there's..... that. :P :P
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 am

Time for farting monkey insertion I think....

Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:47 am

I KNEW Masons were in cahoots with Al Queda!

For what it's worth, yes most Americans is real stupid-like, but you can get & edit similar responses from just about any country. I know I've seen pretty much the same idiot-on-the-street interviews from the UK & Australia. Plus it looks like they were on Venice Beach (?) which is freak central for the world.

Judge our housewives not, lest ye housewives be judged.

(For a bonus idiot moment, look at the crowd response percentage. 48% of a German (famously well-educated folk) TV audience couldn't come up with the first name of George W Bush when it was provided in the question.)

Last edited by Bär on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:54 am

Ian wrote:triangles have no sides and buddhist monks are islamic...

there are more of them then there are of us! the stupid will inherit the earth!

И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:48 pm

1) There is a huge difference between "stupidity" and "lack of education"
2) There answers are picked from a large sample and compiled and I bet you anything a set of "interviews" like these with results identical to these -- or worse -- could have been produced in any other country, -- GB, Russia, you name it.

This is sad on two levels -- one is re. how poor the education is of course, but the other is that the "intellectuals" watching this are being amused that there are people "stupider" than themselves. ::) :-X
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:03 pm

i'm liking the guy that advocated the invasion of canada.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:18 pm

qiphlow wrote:i'm liking the guy that advocated the invasion of canada.

I guess that he failed history. ;)
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:14 pm

Unfortunately, the educational system in the US has been declining since it first began. We are, overall, MUCH more poorly educated than the average European. I remember being in GRADE SCHOOL and being dis-satisfied with my education (especially in the area of mathematics, where my teacher would just skip over any chapters that he himself didn't know how to do... :P ).

But jeez, some of those questions had almost NOTHING to do with education, and demonstrated just sheer stupidity on the part of those answering. "Name a country that begins with the letter 'u' ". Come on now!!! That's not stupidity? ???
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:36 pm

It's straight-up stupidity, but America isn't the only place with it's share of the ignorant and stupid.

That "name a country that starts with U" question came up on Cash Cab and I came up with Uruguay before I thought of the US.

:-[ :D
Bär
Great Old One

Postby FigureFour on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:11 pm

for sure its not only the US that has a large ignorant population. any one who lives in a country other than the US can attest to that. im sure ed will back me up when i say that the average japanese young person (junior high age up to mid-20s) is just educated/smart enough to chew his or her own food without choking.

but its that much more appalling when youre the worlds only remaining super power and its your own country. its all really funny until you think about the fact that these people are probably voting. thank god our current administration of anti-intellectualism is on the way out.
FigureFour
Santi

Postby Ian on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:25 pm

Dmitri wrote:1) There is a huge difference between "stupidity" and "lack of education"
2) There answers are picked from a large sample and compiled and I bet you anything a set of "interviews" like these with results identical to these -- or worse -- could have been produced in any other country, -- GB, Russia, you name it.

Fair enough, but I think you'd have to ask a much larger sample of Australians or French or British before you could find anyone stupid (or ignorant) enough to think a triangle has four/one/no sides.
Ian

Postby cerebus on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Ian wrote:
Dmitri wrote:1) There is a huge difference between "stupidity" and "lack of education"

Fair enough, but I think you'd have to ask a much larger sample of Australians or French or British before you could find anyone stupid (or ignorant) enough to think a triangle has four/one/no sides.

Well... I suppose it could be accurately said that (in one sense) a triangle has only 2 sides. An inside and an outside... ;D
cerebus
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic