I got in a fight

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: I got in a fight

Postby Michael on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:39 pm

I've heard South Korea is kind of a dull place. Come to Guangzhou, it'll spice up yer life! :)

Actually, I don't know what South Korea is like except that the drinking culture is insane and double-parking is cool if you leave your name card on the windshield.
Michael

Re: I got in a fight

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:05 pm

Bär wrote:It's your English heritage...dampens the adventure factor down a bit. Maybe it's just having the foresight to know that you can't really go camping with the stripper ex and her new boyfriend without some bullshit happening.

We were just visiting. I met my girl through the ex and she met her new guy through my girl. They were god friends long before either of us swingin dicks came along. They call and cry to each other whenever they get pissed at their men. I figgered it was kosher as Christmas.

But now we just push the ignore button on the cell phone. :)

Roger, I will do my best to report on anything interesting that won't result in jail time. Like how I keep getting pulled over for traffic violations and being let go with no ticket. I'm currently on a six-occasion streak, plus one non-moving violation (smoking a blunt with a bunch of 16 year old kids in the hood), and on one of those occasions I actually cussed the cop out the entire time.

It's a gift. :shrug:

For the old stuff, you gotta wait for the book.

As far as the taiji posture names go, it's not like I'm thinking "Okay, do rollback" it's just that in hindsight, I have near perfect recall of the fight and can find the place in the forms that correlates to that structure and/or energy. I have to thank an excellent teacher for the ability to first respond without thought outside of "break this bitch" and then break it down later for learning purposes. If you're familiar with the postures, I figure it's easier to visualize and describe than body positions.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic