I got in a fight

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: I got in a fight

Postby Michael on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:44 am

Awesome picture of qiphlow's left nut.
Michael

Postby yusuf on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:10 am

meeks wrote:sucks what happened, bro. nothing worse than an immature 'next' BF.

and almost as bad is the guy who thinks he should be with your girlfriend ... even though she has told him to eff off... ::)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Michael wrote:Awesome picture of qiphlow's left nut.

dude, you are ON today!
LOFL!!
;D ;D ;D

ps:--
affa, i agree completely!
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:11 pm

hey! graphical insanity!

great stuff!
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:31 pm

The only thing I'm getting out of this thread is "don't date a stripper". I think that's where you went wrong?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:02 pm

don't date anyone in the sex trade and you'll be a whole lot better off. unless you are both extremely stable, liberal and slightly deviant. If none of those, it won't work out.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:11 pm

stable isn't necessarily a prerequisite. but liberal deviant is an absolute must.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby klonk on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:49 pm

Disengage, for a moment, from your present needs and surroundings. If things could be otherwise, what would they be?

This is my somewhat pseudo-mystical way of telling you, some shit is not worth shoveling.

Been a little bit of an up-tick in IT lately, if you can sling the code. Just sayin.
Last edited by klonk on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:48 pm

Refusal to be cordial definitely means something. I think your ex-GF said some very prejudicial things to her new BF. IOW, she set you up and the muffin top comment was the trigger.
Last edited by Michael on Sun May 27, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby klonk on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:14 pm

This goes really far back in European custom, but, you never reach out to touch royalty, let the superior reach out.

Some people think they are royalty. Another variation is failing to answer if addressed first. Same custom set. Speak when spoken to, serf!

It is rare to encounter either custom today, but I always write them off. I turn and walk out. We serfs are a little touchy, too.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:22 am

klonk wrote:Disengage, for a moment, from your present needs and surroundings. If things could be otherwise, what would they be?

This is my somewhat pseudo-mystical way of telling you, some shit is not worth shoveling.

Been a little bit of an up-tick in IT lately, if you can sling the code. Just sayin.

My IT resume would make most of you shake your head in bewilderment. Not bragging, just saying. "WTF is this asshole thinking" would be the refrain.

I'm looking hard for IT work, pretty much anywhere and pretty much anything to get my foot back in the door, but the employment gap is a bit of an obstacle. I was in the middle of an expedited hire with a great package in Mississippi when my back child support brought the train to a screeching halt. It was a perfect match for my skills and would have put me basically right back where I was in the IT career path. I'm working on securing a SAN admin gig in Miami right now.

And this guy in the fight, he's not some drug-slinging roofer. He runs his own Asset Management company, has rental property all over the state, and it was a $100,000 RV that he stores in Orlando when he's home in Virginia that we were in.

For the moment, though, I've been promised a bouncer job at the local grown-and-sexy Martini Bar/Night Club, direct from the owners lips to my ears. I should be starting this weekend. It was my girlfriend's connections that got me in the door.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:00 am

TJ -
Your tribal etiquette is all off - the bullshit attitude should have been brought up and discussed real-time
BEFORE - the sharing of communal refeshment.
roger hao

Postby Andy_S on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:28 am

So, Tao...you are an IT high flyer...who dates strippers...hangs out with ex-GFs and their current BFs (who happen to be millionaire asset managers)... bounces for a living...and fights using, not just Taiji, but Taiji postures.

Let me put this in plain English:
You are a very, very interesting fellow.

More stories about your adventures, please.

(Sigh. Why does this shit never happen to me? Why am I so damned dull?)
Last edited by Andy_S on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:46 am

It's your English heritage...dampens the adventure factor down a bit. Maybe it's just having the foresight to know that you can't really go camping with the stripper ex and her new boyfriend without some bullshit happening.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Teazer on Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:00 pm

klonk wrote:This goes really far back in European custom, but, you never reach out to touch royalty, let the superior reach out.

Or there's the interpretation of both people occupying their weapon hand.
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic