did Fox News buy Yahoo or something?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

did Fox News buy Yahoo or something?

Postby meeks on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:33 pm

popped over to yahoo.com to check my rankings in the search engines and I see these sensationalist headlines:

Peruvian Jesus born to Virgin Mary on Christmas

but it turns out the woman's name is simply Virgen Maria Huarcaya (virgin marie) and since he was born on the 25th decided to instead call him Jesus rather than the original name they were going to give him.

then another headline says:
Justin Timberlake catches Biel redhanded (referring to Jessica Biel - his gf).

So I'm obviously swayed into thinking she cheated on him. the article?
He called her on the phone and she happened to be listening to one of his songs on her stereo. Apparently she's a huge fan of his music despite always trying to hide the fact she listens to it all the time.

and finally:
Actor Matt Dillon has been arrested and charged in Vermont
(with speeding on the freeway in a rented malibu car, not under the influence of drugs or alcohol. just a speeding ticket)
Last edited by meeks on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Re: did Fox News buy Yahoo or something?

Postby qiphlow on Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:32 pm

considering the popularity of catholic names in latin america, that probably wasn't the only jesus born to a virgin mary on dec. 25th.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:19 pm

mainstream media is nonsense for the most part when it's a slow news day.

Britney Spears pops zit, Mike Tyson wipes ass, etc etc.

I think it's a lot better than hearingf "bombs dropped, president ahppy" ;D
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:14 pm

The President is NOT a hippy! ;)
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:21 pm

I dunno. I hear he likes a gagger now and then. :-p
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Damn, you kids and your new words. I looked it up but still doesn't make sense for hippies.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 pm

I was watching the Daily Show and the Colbert Report today - they showed a video clip of world leaders, and NO ONE will shake Bush's hand:

meeks
Administrator

Postby Dean on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:32 pm

Well, time will tell what comes of us. To bad for, Bush, I mean really after all their just puppets of the people.
Dean
Mingjing

Postby chud on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:55 pm

meeks wrote:I was watching the Daily Show and the Colbert Report today - they showed a video clip of world leaders, and NO ONE will shake Bush's hand:

Yeah, he's damaged goods politically speaking. No one can stand him, not even most in his own party. What's ironic is that Bush probably sincerely believed that what he was doing was right, but the WMDs never turned up in Iraq (even though we all know Saddam probably had them at some point in time) and Iraq was never the correct culprit to pursue after 9/11. Also Bush spent like a damn liberal democrat, which annoyed the true conservatives in the party. Also he's a terrible public speaker who didn't come across as an intelligent person at all, which made him an easy target for ridicule (even my die-hard Republican friends used to tell me they wished he'd STFU and let his cabinet do the talking). I wouldn't be surprised if he's very depressed at this point in his career, and I don't wish depression on anyone. The only way things will turn around for him and his legacy as POTUS is if Iraq stabilizes in the coming years, and the Taliban doesn't return to power in Afghanistan...both of which are very shaky bets.
Last edited by chud on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:15 am

Dean wrote:Well, time will tell what comes of us. To bad for, Bush, I mean really after all their just puppets of the people.

?

They aren't shaking his hand because he is not "one of them".
Bush behaves as a dictator would and has broken down all the rules of democracy in his two terms. He has soiled the reputation of the USA
and permanently damaged his own families political reputation which wasn't exactly all shiny to begin with.
He threatens others with force when he can't get them to bend their knee, he spouts platitudes and goes against the will of his own people
in favour of the small minorities who shout the loudest and fit in with his world view.

I wouldn't shake his hand either and the only reason he gets even a modicum of respect is because he holds an important office.
thankfully, he will vacate that office very soon and we shall not hear anymore of him and hopefully of his ilk for some time.

His presidency has damaged the USA severely. he has handed the incoming POTUS a real shit sandwich as well.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:01 pm

I once dreamed that I debated the morality of the Iraqi war with Bush.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:14 pm

unfortunately, if you're going to debate morals, you need to find an opponent who actually has some.
meeks
Administrator

Postby Michael on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:06 am

Yeah, I think debating morals with Bush would be like debating the proper thickness of steak with a raw foods vegan.
Michael

Postby gasmaster on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:02 pm

While I don't like bush, I hate this demonization of him. To play the devil's advocate, don't you guys think that just maybe there could be another reason for it... like he just shook everyone's hand five seconds ago, but didn't go on stage until the people he walked out with arrived. Thus he didn't feel he needed to shake the other guys hands again.

If you keep emotions from clouding your view, you can see things better for what they are. I have a hard time believing that people in politics would snub the leader of america because they don't like him personally.
Last edited by gasmaster on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gasmaster
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:57 pm

I didn't watch the video and I don't think it matters. Bush is being set up as a fall guy so we'll believe in the new puppet, but Bush was a puppet all along, so who cares?
Michael

Return to Off the Topic