California suddenly not in drought

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: California suddenly not in drought

Postby everything on Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:31 pm

not being aware of the literal floods happening after making non-sensical rants like some homeless dude on a soapbox, and then concluding "where are the floods"? lolol idk what we are supposed to say
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Kong Bao Long on Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:11 pm

Steve James wrote:Like i said, you can say there's no such thing as climate change. That's just semantics, and seems to follow an ideological belief about why people are concerned. Cool, but saying that you've never heard of any flooding means you haven't really looked or been affected. Anyway, you said it, and I posted videos from within this month of Unusual flooding on every continent, and on both coasts of the US. So, your argument is moot. Deny "climate change" because you don't agree with the green new deal, but that deal won't stop flooding or droughts.

Yeah, since 1880 and the Industrial age, global temperatures have risen. I guess that proves your point about patterns. But, it's cool if you're convinced there's nothing to worry about. But, the "where are the floods" comment is still funny.

You can't even give me a hypothesis to the correlation of the flooding lol for all we know each case is from bad civil engineering...

John Maynard Keynes, 1st Baron Keynes[3] CB, FBA (/keɪnz/ KAYNZ; 5 June 1883 – 21 April 1946) was a British economist and philosopher whose ideas fundamentally changed the theory and practice of macroeconomics and the economic policies of governments.

Why is this relevant?: During the 1930s no one could figure out economically a way out of the depression. His theories were seen as radical my the mainstream however... they were true.. and when the various governments but his practices finally into play ... we came out of the depression. Climate Change and what, where, when and how..etc.. Much like the depression.... climate change is driven by majority consensus and politics and not by science... which is an exact methodology.

it's unfortunate you can't see that.
Let's agree to see the world in our own different ways.. time will tell what is or isn't real.
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop "Kong ZI
Kong Bao Long
Santi

Postby Kong Bao Long on Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:18 pm

everything wrote:not being aware of the literal floods happening after making non-sensical rants like some homeless dude on a soapbox, and then concluding "where are the floods"? lolol idk what we are supposed to say

I bet your the type to look at a clock, and because you can tell time, think you know how to make a clock ... IDK... just a wild guess.
Kong Bao Long
Santi

Postby origami_itto on Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:15 am

Kong Bao Long wrote:.. Much like the depression.... climate change is driven by majority consensus and politics and not by science... which is an exact methodology.

it's unfortunate you can't see that.
Let's agree to see the world in our own different ways.. time will tell what is or isn't real.

Keep talking, please. You're hilarious.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/climate.na ... sensus.amp
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:44 am

Steve said there is "thinking" but not "critical thinking", but these rants seem to be a prime example how there can be a difference.

Here there seems to be a person with zero self-awareness he gave a rant, said "where's the floods?!" like a madman, then were given videos of "these floods just happened in my hometown", cannot even sit back, pause, and realize the irony of his comments, before launching into some other rant. If we cannot "critique" our "thinking", what does that mean?

Wish I was like Steve and origami and just found it funny. Everyone should probably ready the "ideological subversion" topic again.

this is sort of a

- dude are you ok?
- society is fucked
- someone is a massive troll, having a laugh, and got us
- all of the above

I cannot even tell.
Last edited by everything on Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:54 am

everything wrote:Steve said there is "thinking" but not "critical thinking", but these rants seem to be a prime example how there can be a difference.

Here there seems to be a person with zero self-awareness he gave a rant, said "where's the floods?!" like a madman, then were given videos of "these floods just happened in my hometown", cannot even sit back, pause, and realize the irony of his comments, before launching into some other rant. If we cannot "critique" our "thinking", what does that mean?

Wish I was like Steve and origami and just found it funny. Everyone should probably ready the "ideological subversion" topic again.

this is sort of a

- dude are you ok?
- society is fucked
- someone is a massive troll, having a laugh, and got us
- all of the above

I cannot even tell.

That's the problem with garbage in, you get garbage out.

If all you're consuming is agenda driven, emotionally manipulative propaganda that you accept as facts that serve your sense of identity and relieve you of any responsibility for anything then this is where you end up

Discovering the truth that a plucky group of ragtag billionaires are the only things standing between the evil scientists hell bent on taking all our gas for themselves! Or something, I don't really understand what people think the climate change conspiracy is trying to achieve, I think it's just looking inconvenient for the energy interests so they throw a lot of money into confusing the issue.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:05 am

You can't even give me a hypothesis to the correlation of the flooding lol for all we know each case is from bad civil engineering...

:) Hmm, so "Good" civil engineering ensures there are no floods. My point has never been that people won't find ways to cope (with climate change), or that they can't. My point is that engineering will have to keep up with whatever changes happen. And, that's not just engineering in the US (both coasts and center), but on every continent.

It's hard to find a well-engineered city that doesn't take the environment into account. But, even Venice was having trouble with floods. You know, that Venice, founded 1500 years ago, not Venice FL -though, fwiw, Venice Florida was flooding last year. London's Thames Barrier was built because the city has a long history of flooding. Yet, London's had flooding last year and this year. See the pattern?

Cities that never needed protection from floods, fires, and droughts are all unprepared. They'll have to up-engineer their infrastructures. Sure, don't the reason climate change, just good engineering. People in Louisiana are having to find ways to desalinate their water. Anything we could have done to prevent the Mississippi's salinization would probably have cost far less than fixing the problem.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Kong Bao Long on Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:54 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_cave

You three probably don't have the mental band width to actually read the article above ( One of you at least I'm convicted doesn't... thinking I'm babbling like an idiot.. Sometimes that happens when someone is talking about things one doesn't understand or comprehend.)

However, Plato's Allegory of a Cave fits here... guess who the three are?

FYI:

Nobel Prize winner John Clauser declares there is NO Climate crises.
https://www.newsweek.com/nobel-prize-wi ... ed-1815020

Just 2 weeks ago...

1600 of the worlds leading climate scientists just signed a declaration stating THERE IS NO CLIMATE CRISIS.
https://www.climatesciencenews.com/2023 ... risis.html

If you three have an education... I'm not seeing it.. Getting fixated on floods... and and playing semantics game.

None of you actually brought anything to the conversation but conjecture and name calling...

One Can't enlighten people in the cave...
Last edited by Kong Bao Long on Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kong Bao Long
Santi

Postby origami_itto on Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:02 pm

You're beautiful, kid, never change.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby jimmy on Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:53 pm

jimmy
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:54 pm

as long as there is hollywood california will be fine.
Trick
Huajing

Postby Kong Bao Long on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:47 pm

origami_itto wrote:You're beautiful, kid, never change.

I can't hear you in Plato's cave... ya got to come out in the light.

How about the co-founder of GreenPeace denouncing the Climate change hoax ... That's about as left wing as it get's right?

THE CO-FOUNDER OF GREENPEACE! ...

I would love to make snarky comments, even make fun of ya ... (like your doing) but...

A) Not my style
B) I'm on a mission.. to bring people out of the cave... even if it's one person at a time.

For your viewing:

Last edited by Kong Bao Long on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kong Bao Long
Santi

Previous

Return to Off the Topic