What you resist persists, what you accept transforms

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

What you resist persists, what you accept transforms

Postby origami_itto on Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:13 pm

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Re: What you resist persists, what you accept transforms

Postby cloudz on Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:03 am

having a wife and kids, and all that comes with it..
the end of suffering is a nice pipe dream anyways.

Acceptance is good and this is all great. But change can happen but you can relapse still. Completely rebuilding your psyche is too much work with all the other things to deal with in every day life.

Disappearing up a mountain or checking in the temple or monastery may be a nice option for some folks I suppose. Be a different world if everyone did that I guess.

It starts at such a young age and is usually shaped early and by family. Plus I think we all are born with different characteristics. So for some it will be easier than others. Working with it, minimising it, it's all a work in progress. Is recognising and embracing your shadow the same as acceptance, does it even matter ?

I think the whole devil on one shoulder and angel on the other is someone everyone has noticed and certainly religion older than Jung recognised this aspect of humanity way before him.

I think recognition and subsequently using certain emotions in certain situations is also something that people through the ages realised could work in their favour at times. If in evolutionary terms for example anger was really bad or useless for where it exists and manifests would it even be there ?

Alternatively, The Stoics had some nice ideas about making the most of what's left and not worrying too much about what's beyond our control and things like that. Of course hate is strong word, very dualistic I suppose. If we talk of love and hate, sometimes it may not so often be to the extremes we may have perhaps experienced at some time or other. But the experiences shapes us none the less. More so, depending on the experience. When where and the context matter and they create patterns that whilst can be controlled are super hard to eradicate or dismiss for good. Sometimes they are even passed on generation to generation and so on.
Last edited by cloudz on Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:41 am, edited 10 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:52 pm

can i transform my devil into a Batman ?
now that would be pretty cool huh
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:15 pm

Image Image
jimmy
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:33 pm

A "Middle Path" is difficult.
To be without ego does not mean one has no ego. Just do not get carried away with the illusory winning just to be on top unless your life is threatened.
I always begin with self defense as a starting point! Never initiate violence just because you were 'insulted' or 'disrespected". Walk away! Walk away and as I say this
is difficult, at times. Being in the Marine Corps taught me alot in a round about way wher ein those days, if you had a beef with someone, you settled it then and there.
Then everyone was good.

When I resist, I just move aside and attack in a different path/vector using humour, not being there or just ignoring the 'problem'.
I am dealing with some resistance as I write these words, so I say, let them come, whoever they are so I am transforming myself by not initiating violence against the other
but I have to think clearly so as not to resort in a way that undermines my own position, I think ;D

WIth family or friends, one cannot force things so let thing go as they go and people (we) will find out the path (or not) and learn either way on how to resolve things.
Writing these words may be easy but the actual progression in transformation is a deep path. Other than the wisdom (sabiduria!) of parents et al, the sayings
of the Marcus Aurelius and the Stoics have provided an excellent foundation along with my friend Rumi.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Trip on Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:08 pm

yeniseri wrote:A "Middle Path" is difficult.

I only quoted this part.
But so much what you say in your post is so Right.
Last edited by Trip on Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trip
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic