Former student went crazy

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Former student went crazy

Postby origami_itto on Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:41 am

Well if you don't understand it, then it must not make sense.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:00 am

amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby ThomasK on Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:03 am

Well Taste of Death... how many times have you tasted it? What's your favorite seasoning?
ThomasK
Mingjing

Postby Taste of Death on Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:32 pm

ThomasK wrote:Well Taste of Death... how many times have you tasted it? What's your favorite seasoning?

Take off your mask. What are you afraid of? Your Jordan Peterson tears do not go unnoticed.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:50 pm

My student is back at his wife's house. According to a friend he is doing okay.

Nothing else to report.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Taste of Death on Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:23 pm

Peacedog wrote:My student is back at his wife's house. According to a friend he is doing okay.

Nothing else to report.

Then I can cross him off the list of possible candidates for the entity that has appeared nightly in the chair in the corner of my bedroom.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby ThomasK on Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:39 am

Peacedog, that's good to hear.

Taste of Death, I have no connection with Peterson. Haven't listened to his stuff in like 3 years. If what he were preaching were of much value, his personal change in character and being would have been more profound and deep.

It was a simple and direct question I asked you. Have you tasted it or not? Do you know what it's like or not? Have you done it or not? What do YOU think I'm afraid of?

What kind of entity are you talking about or are you just making jokes?
ThomasK
Mingjing

Postby Taste of Death on Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:05 pm

ThomasK wrote:Peacedog, that's good to hear.

Taste of Death, I have no connection with Peterson. Haven't listened to his stuff in like 3 years. If what he were preaching were of much value, his personal change in character and being would have been more profound and deep.

It was a simple and direct question I asked you. Have you tasted it or not? Do you know what it's like or not? Have you done it or not? What do YOU think I'm afraid of?

The JP tears and mask comment is related to your recent dramatic exit as Quigga and return under a new name. JP also gets emotional in public forums and then reinvents himself as an alpha male. But we can all follow the crumbs.

I, too, can bone up on esoteric arts but not only seeing is believing, there must be irrefutable evidence. I have heard the stories but have not seen the proof. The chair in my room is empty unless one of you time travelers wants to come on by. I agree with Wayne on the direction of this thread and the merry pranksters who dwell here.
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:39 pm

Peacedog wrote:My student is back at his wife's house. According to a friend he is doing okay.

Nothing else to report.

good to hear.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby ThomasK on Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:58 pm

Taste of Death wrote:
ThomasK wrote:Peacedog, that's good to hear.

The JP tears and mask comment is related to your recent dramatic exit as Quigga and return under a new name. JP also gets emotional in public forums and then reinvents himself as an alpha male. But we can all follow the crumbs.

I, too, can bone up on esoteric arts but not only seeing is believing, there must be irrefutable evidence. I have heard the stories but have not seen the proof. The chair in my room is empty unless one of you time travelers wants to come on by. I agree with Wayne on the direction of this thread and the merry pranksters who dwell here.

The name Quigga was given to me by people when I was a teenager who couldn't pronounce my last name.

I wasn't bullied all that much, but received lots of trauma by my parents and wanted to distance myself from that by coming here with a new username. Which is just my regular name, Thomas Kwiatek. Wowzee.

I'm by no means an alpha male nor do I think such ideas are useful in any way.

You just seem to be a judgemental know it all asshole, that's all.

The empathy you have shown here towards a fellow human being who experienced psychosis and was on the course of losing his life is severely stunning, lacking and speaking volumes in terms of your character.

You also made zero effort to try and help that person.

I can't fathom how you can respond to what you read in the way you did. Actually I can, but I don't want to twist the finger in the wound anymore.

Being emotional seems to be a major weakness for you for some reason.

Also, since you haven't answered so far, I assume you haven't killed anyone. And thus don't know the Taste of Death. And are simply hiding behind something.

It's alright with me. Can we move on or do you insist on further attacking me?

I also didn't bone up on esoteric arts. I gave fairly solid advice to someone who was suffering from something. Never claimed extraordinary powers or such.
ThomasK
Mingjing

Postby Taste of Death on Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:43 pm

ThomasK wrote:
You just seem to be a judgemental know it all asshole, that's all.

The empathy you have shown here towards a fellow human being who experienced psychosis and was on the course of losing his life is severely stunning, lacking and speaking volumes in terms of your character.

You also made zero effort to try and help that person.

I can't fathom how you can respond to what you read in the way you did. Actually I can, but I don't want to twist the finger in the wound anymore.

Being emotional seems to be a major weakness for you for some reason.

Also, since you haven't answered so far, I assume you haven't killed anyone. And thus don't know the Taste of Death. And are simply hiding behind something.

It's alright with me. Can we move on or do you insist on further attacking me?

I also didn't bone up on esoteric arts. I gave fairly solid advice to someone who was suffering from something. Never claimed extraordinary powers or such.

The person in question is not on this forum. Peacedog relayed some information about his student. He was not asking for advice. The guy smoked too much pot but now he's all better, apparently. It happens. I am not as emotional as you seem to be. Check out your posting history. Like you, I used to go off on people on this forum but I gave that up. You still need to work on your issues. Best to stay away from the esoteric magic and weed.

When someone is exhausted from overexertion and dehydrated a metallic taste can arise in the mouth. Hemingway called that the "taste of death." As a long distance runner, I've been there. Sam Tam called the moment when your opponent thinks they've got you and then realize that it is you who have got them and there is nothing they can do the "taste of death." I've been on both sides of that. I will let you guess which one I prefer. As far as I know, except for maybe a combat veteran or two, no one on this forum has killed anyone, myself included.
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby ThomasK on Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:53 pm

'Has anyone here dealt with anything like this and what was the outcome?' - literally taken from Peacedog's OP just now. Maybe you should read what other people write more carefully?

'The guy smoked too much pot but now he's all better, apparently. It happens.' So you admit to being clueless. That's a good first step.

'I am not as emotional as you seem to be.' Again, you overlooked how I don't think being emotional is a weakness or a flaw. It's part of being a human. If you're all emotions 100%, that's bad, yes. No emotions is just as bad.

'Like you, I used to go off on people on this forum but I gave that up.' But you just went off on me and others. You can't help insulting and attacking people and you don't even notice it.

I've posted - to me - some questionable stuff over the years under the name Quigga. I want to distance myself from that as well by using this new accout. Under my old account is also information that can end up hurting people, even if the chance is tiny someone may come across it. I don't want that karma. So I'm putting in a bit more effort now in what I write.

I don't smoke weed so no issues there.

Ah cool, I've had that 'taste of death' plenty times as well. To me, Taste of Death just sounded like a wanna be try hard name. Especially when you come in with such attitude. It's like a 12 year old calling themselves 'elite destroyer of death' in a video game. But thanks for providing background info.

I've heard that killing people isn't particularly nice and can make you reflect on many things.
Last edited by ThomasK on Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThomasK
Mingjing

Postby dragonprawn on Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:03 am

I am a psychologist.
The short form of it is that psychosis due to schizophrenia usually first appear in late teens or early twenties. And psychosis due to bipolar disorder will not often appear until later. Together these would account for 90% of cases such as you are describing.
Without getting into all the whys and wherefores, this is regardless of illicit drug use, mystical practices, and whether the train MA or not. I'm sure most of you have encountered such students. Do your best to get them help.
Last edited by dragonprawn on Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
dragonprawn
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:49 am

Dragonprawn,

Thank you for posting.

Question.

Clinically speaking have you seen psychiatric medications (lithium, haloperidol, etc.) be effective for people whose trigger for the condition was drugs or meditative technology?

As an acupuncturist, and herbalist, people would often come in for psychiatric assistance and while my stuff could help with secondary conditions (anxiety, difficulty sleeping, etc.) I didn't see much of an improvement regarding the primary condition (schizophrenia and bipolar conditions mostly).

If you feel more comfortable DM'ing me that is fine too.

Thank you.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby dragonprawn on Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:19 am

Lithium definitely stabilizes the mood and to me would be all you need if the person is bipolar (no need for antipsychotic on top of it). However lithium has side effects like tremors, intestinal problems and can harm the thyroid. It is also impractical in that it requires frequent blood monitoring. Newer mood stabilizers may be effective (with or without antipsychotics, depending on treatment outcomes) and have fewer risks.

Like lithium, the antipsychotic haloperidol is older, and was seen as a strong, effective antipsychotic in the treatment of schizophrenia that was less sedating than Thorazine and others. However, with most of these older class drugs you get those Parkinsonian side effects like shuffling, rocking and grimacing. The second generation of antipsychotics have fewer of those side effects and have been around for over a quarter century. Some of my patients had to stay on the older ones, because the new ones were not effective for them.

These are severe illnesses that represent a life-long struggle once symptoms appear, so yeah they need the meds, even if imperfect - and therapy. Also bear in mind that delusional thinking is often the one symptom that persists after treatment.

But I have taught tai chi and qi gong to many stabilized sufferers to very good effect.
Last edited by dragonprawn on Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
dragonprawn
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic