day drinking at NORAD

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

day drinking at NORAD

Postby everything on Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:24 am

guess the search for jolly old St. Nick got too jolly

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 743151007/

WASHINGTON – The email arrived in the middle of a workday: Are you thirsty?

What followed was an afternoon drink at the “John Wayne Saloon,” an invitation-only tavern operating unknown to senior commanders inside the headquarters of the U.S military command center critical to defending the homeland and keeping Americans safe.

The North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, is located at Peterson Space Force Base, at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado Springs. It stands watch 24/7 defending the United States and Canada from attack by adversaries such as China, Russia and North Korea.

The day drinking at an installation tasked with safeguarding U.S. national security was worrying. The clandestine ''saloon'' at a base charged with crucial national security responsibility triggered alarms at high levels and led to the changes on site after USA TODAY raised questions.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: day drinking at NORAD

Postby Trick on Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:37 pm

Russia, China and Korea ! of course non of them will attack the usa, for real, because John Wayne's not dead - https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/705285/denis+leary/asshole

Lets have a drink at JW's Saloon.
Trick
Huajing

Postby everything on Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:11 am

lol, hilarious song - sounds about right :P
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:12 pm

There is known to be a tendency that at duty stations like the one mentioned and the 'monotony' 'repetitious' conditions, the military personnel are driven to
drink and other past times as a tool for 'maintaining sanity' and wellbeing, in a roundabout way! It can be dangerous at times!
When I was at NSA, New Orleans (Algiers), LA back in the early 80s, there was this thing called truck sales, where bulk sale of beer and coolers was the goal in mind
since one could get alcohol at a good price and have a good ole' time and it was fun! I personally had o drop it because, I was drinking beer and other stuff like water
and it so happened that on Marine Corps birthday (1979), I drank so much plus the free alcohol that I had no idea how I made it back to base.

All I remember was leaving the bar on Dauphine Street, reacing the bridge to get across to Algiers and all I saw wass stars al the way.
I wa delirious and had no idea how I pulled it off. It appeared that I was 'sane' enough to answer questions to get back on base and my mind,
to this day is a complete blank. So as not to push my luck, it was in my best interest to quit while I was ahead ???
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:29 pm

I guess it's what drives people to feel like

everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:31 pm

also (for the ones you can remember) ... sounds like there could be some good stories there
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:42 pm

everything wrote:lol, hilarious song - sounds about right :P

its hilarious(or not) that on its(norad) parameters they have a bar called John Wayne.....Who is said to have been a heavy drinker, but that thats was most certainly not in mind when naming the saloon......The song shoot pretty straight.
Trick
Huajing

Return to Off the Topic