Gatekeeping.

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Gatekeeping.

Postby everything on Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:15 pm

I think they explain but it’s too hard to understand when we don’t “get it” yet.

For example if someone says “sink Qi”, people invent countless garbage.

The avocado thing seems to be some idiot said Millennials buy too many avocados and hence cannot afford housing. “Ok Boomer”.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:21 pm

Smashed avacado on toast
I dont think the poster of that is a Boomer
You do know when you say that I take it as a compliment
I hope you are calling all the Chinese teachers my age BOOMER
If not you are racist as well as ageist
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:49 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Smashed avacado on toast
I dont think the poster of that is a Boomer
You do know when you say that I take it as a compliment
I hope you are calling all the Chinese teachers my age BOOMER
If not you are racist as well as ageist

Yeah, I don't get the hate for Avocado toast.

I don't understand why people, and I'm not talking about anybody here per se mind you, can scream FREEDOM all day long like a wannabe William Wallace but then get bent out of shape when other people start living how they want without caring about the expectations people put on them.

Like, Avocado Toast is the problem? Not the rising illiteracy rates?

Boomers is as boomers does though, so I guess I'd call a Chinese teacher a Boomer if they were whining about Avocado toast as the harbinger of the downfall of western society.

I don't think that fits the real meaning of "racism" though so I'm guessing maybe you meant racially prejudiced? I will confess to that. White people have been letting me down for a while.

Racism would be using a position of power to exclude certain people due to their race and limit their ability to participate.

Like a friend of mine, half white/ half Korean. He was forced to take Taekwondo growing up in Korea but they never taught him anything, just used him as a punching bag for the other kids.

In a subculture where a minority who faces racism in the larger world has the upper hand, it makes perfect sense for there to be reactionary racism.

But calling you a boomer is just telling the time, man. You're like the boomiest boomer that ever boomed, boomer.
Last edited by origami_itto on Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:37 pm

I take boomer as a compliment
By the way it was Grahame he called a boomer
It is like the word Woke
A compliment not a dis
We don’t all speak American some speak English
I think your chat bot has gone a bit astray
I was going to ask if you were using a chat bot because you were starting to make sense
Don’t worry about my spelling I m old
It’s my ideas that count not the occasionally spelling mistake or bad grammer
Those that want to know get what I am saying
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:14 pm

I don't mean anything by it, honestly, though I agreed with Graham's assessment.

It's shorthand for reactionary uncomfortable with the tide of progress.

I'll show you the grace you show me, it doesn't have to be antagonistic. Very smart people pay me money to figure things out for them that they have trouble conceptualizing.

If you want to pull a pedantry pissing contest I will drown you. You say a word's meaning is critical to understanding it's application as Taijiquan jargon, but then are inconsistent in what word you insist is critical.

I write my resentment in sand and my gratitude in granite. I mean it when I say I have no ill will, but I'm tired of the attitude.

Like you said, strike me and I ring louder.

I'm not shutting up, so if you want me to spread good information, help me uncover it.

As far as making sense I think I finally found medicine that works and I'm putting the world on notice, I was playing in the beginning but the mood all changed, so to speak.

Need to end with an insult... you use nutella instead of marmite on your toast!
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:56 pm

ah now i understand the hate for avocado toast, its the grudge marmite hold towad vegemite
Trick
Huajing

Postby everything on Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:21 am

Lol
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic