Numerology?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Numerology?

Postby bigphatwong on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:26 am

I was just listening to this lady on Coast to Coast and she really seems to know her stuff.

http://www.numberslady.com Go to 'Numbers'

The Chinese have been using numerology for thousands of years. What's the take on it? How does it work? Can it be trusted to help make important decisions in your life?
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Re: Numerology?

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:24 am

no. lol

numerology can in fact be used to configurations of anything you like.

if it were valid, it would be a science with reproducible results.

it's mostly hobby hogwash as is most feng shui / geomancy stuff which is mostly bloody obvious interior design points and landscpaing techniques.

not to be rude, but you would get more value from actual statistical odds than from numerology.

I mean ...really? lol
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:31 am

for instance:
ONES are independent, self motivated, and hard workers. They have a strong desire to be #1. They are critical of themselves and as a result, can be critical of others. When the 1 Life Path has won a personal victory, their face radiates with pure joy. Multitasking is something they tend to be very good at, and keeping busy is important to them. The 1s will not tolerate laziness from the people they spend their time with.

TWOS want peace. They make good mediators.They are very loyal, and when they say that they love you,count on it!They welcome companionship and the chance to share their lives with someone special.The flip side is that if they feel threatened or pushed to the wall, they become the terrible 2s. But ultimately, they do not want conflict.

THREES communicate in all areas: written word and verbal. Writers, radio broadcasters, actors, singers, performers, counselors. They are the natural comedian. They can be manic depressive if they do not use their creative energy and tend to exaggerate the truth. Known for their trademark smile, eyes and voice.

FOURS seek security. Home is their haven. They are usually very cerebral and need to find ways to relax their minds. Like NIKE, "Just Do It." Otherwise, great ideas live and die in their heads.The 4s like to be organized and to put things back in their " proper place". If their home environment appears sloppy and unkempt , that is a sign that the 4 Life Path person is not doing well.

FIVES seek freedom, fun, adventure. If they do not live the adventure, their lives become way too dramatic. They are the natural detectives and celebrators of life (holidays are usually their specialty). 5s have a hard time settling down and have a fear of being trapped or smothered in a relationship.

SIXES are nurturers. If men, they rescue damsels in distress. If women, they mother the "little boy" in their men. They should manage or run the company. If every thing is going smoothly, they must be careful not to ruin it. They tend to put people on pedestals which then topple. Magnetic. People are drawn to them. Their moods affect the room.

SEVENS are another cerebral number. They have a loner quality. They need to learn to have faith. They have a love of natural beauty: ocean, green grass, plants, flowers, etc. If they do not have faith they tend to become very cynical and escape through drugs, alcohol, work, and geography. They have an air of mystery and do not want you to know who they are.

EIGHTS do not feel safe unless they have found a way to establish financial security. It is difficult for the 8s to take advice.When they make a choice, they must feel it is their decision, NOT SOMEONE ELSES. As a result, they do tend to learn the hard way. 8s are very honest and by being so blunt, they unintentionally hurt feelings. Although they can sometimes appear insensitive, what is going on inside them is the exact opposite. They do feel deeply about everything that goes on in their lives.

NINES are the natural leader. People assume they are in charge even if they are not. If in a department store, people think they work there. They take care of everyone else but need to learn to speak up when they need help, love, and hugs. 9s often feel unloved or abandoned by their mother or father, or they feel completely responsible for them. It's hard for them to let go of the past.

anyone of these attributes or all of these attributes relate to the human condition as it exists based on experience for every person.

if i were to take the number off and give the assessment, most people would figure that is exactly what they are like!
Now the good thing about these sort of things is that when they come from a person who is trying to help you make positive outcomes in your life, then what ever works is good right?

Many people feels the world happens to them, instead of understanding that they are happening to the world. Some people have difficulty accepting that concept that they are entirely responsible for their own life and their own actions and so they look to things like this for guidance because they don't want to take full responsibility for themselves without some sort of validation first.

we are all insecure on some level. the more you use things to release yourself from actively guiding yourself through life, the more likely it is that you have a greater amount of insecurities.

We all have greatness within. We have to let that manifest through our innate navigation of our lives. We are not in my opinion naturally bad or stupid, we become so. We are naturally and inherently good and want to do good things. Follow that path and abundance will follow outwardly and inwardly. :)
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:38 am

Darth, Geomancy is earth divination. It is nothing at all like feng shui.

There are lots of different kinds of numerology and some can be useful within their intended context ie Gematria. New age numerology I don't know much about but the idea of assigning numbers meaning is very old and is useful to a certain extent. As a predictive tool I have no idea as I never have heard of anyone using numerology as one would use say Tarot.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:46 am

hey deus, i realize the difference, i am pointing out that occult arts do not have foundation in hard realities and that there is more value in the cold light of day than the misty veils of occultism. :)

many of these non-scientific esoteric practices were early stumbling attempts at science, but over time as knowledge grew, they became more and more useless as the hard work was done to find the real truths. I think it will continue forward and more mysteries will topple as we decide as humans to really do the real work and to let go of the fears that bring about occultism.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:52 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:hey deus, i realize the difference, i am pointing out that occult arts do not have foundation in hard realities and that there is more value in the cold light of day than the misty veils of occultism. :)

many of these non-scientific esoteric practices were early stumbling attempts at science, but over time as knowledge grew, they became more and more useless as the hard work was done to find the real truths. I think it will continue forward and more mysteries will topple as we decide as humans to really do the real work and to let go of the fears that bring about occultism.

I think you have a misguided view of occultism. Its a lot like martial arts actually. I mean that in a way that the only way to know that you are doing something right is through experience. Occultism is something you DO not something you know. It is even worse than MAs for people who think they know what they are talking about but havent a clue because they never put in the hard work to get results. I know of one particular scientist/occultist who approaches occultism from a neurological standpoint and has some very interesting ideas and hopefully someday he can get some money to do real research into occultism instead of dismissing it out of hand like most right brained people do ;)
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:05 am

Not at all. BTDT, really. I really have looked pretty far into a goodly chunk of it.
I can do your tarot reading, I was an adept in midewiwin (an Algonquin mystic practice), have read and tried out AC's practices, went into Golden Dawn, Enochian writing, scrying, Wicca, you name it, I've participated, practiced and in the end, I find it lacking.

Martial arts is nothing like it at all. Martial arts is physical practice that brings real attributes and results.
Occultism is, in my opinion a fun way to watse time and fuck with peoples heads. I don't dismiss it out of hand at all. I've put more time into it than I should have I guess, I'm mid 40's now and find more value in active awareness and the concept of cause /effect/consequence in daily living.

No need for mysticism.

Now, having siad that, I also cultivate chi with qi gong practice. BUt this is not occultism, it returns results that are manifest in other practice, such as martial arts. So, indeed, intention is a key resource to all we do, but purpose has a strong place as well.

:)
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby count on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:36 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:no. lol

This is true of everything from the kabala to the tao or from astrology to the i-ching. But math can be mystical. My wife and daughter are the same age. Break this down to single digits and they are the same age. This is true of every age through out their lives. Both were born in the year of the horse.
1990 1954

my daughter at 11:57 and my wife at 2:57

When my daughter was 1 my wife was 37

1— 37— 3+7=10 or a 1
2— 38— 3+8=11 and 1+1 = 2
3— 39— 3+9=12 and 1+2 = 3
4— 40— ...
5— 41— ...
6— 42— ...
7— 43— ...
8— 44— ...
----
Today
18— 54— 5 + 4 = 9 and 1 + 8 = 9
19— 55
-----
Another 26 years of...
44— 80

Coincidence? :o I think not! ;D

They don't call me count for nothing. :P
Last edited by count on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby somatai on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:41 am

numbers are very powerful....numbers precede language
somatai

Postby ennazuS on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:15 am

lol
i thought the only 'numbers' guys were interested in
were
the
numbers
"69"
go figure

::)
ennazuS
Santi

Postby qiphlow on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:40 am

ennazuS wrote:lol
i thought the only 'numbers' guys were interested in
were
the
numbers
"69"
go figure

::)

my birthdate is 6/9/69. truth.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby zenshiite on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:16 pm

count wrote:
Darth Rock&Roll wrote:no. lol

This is true of everything from the kabala to the tao or from astrology to the i-ching. But math can be mystical. My wife and daughter are the same age. Break this down to single digits and they are the same age. This is true of every age through out their lives. Both were born in the year of the horse.
1990 1954

my daughter at 11:57 and my wife at 2:57

When my daughter was 1 my wife was 37

1— 37— 3+7=10 or a 1
2— 38— 3+8=11 and 1+1 = 2
3— 39— 3+9=12 and 1+2 = 3
4— 40— ...
5— 41— ...
6— 42— ...
7— 43— ...
8— 44— ...
----