name yo browser

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: name yo browser

Postby jkuo on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:40 am

Still mostly using Firefox and Safari. Tried Camino but keep forgetting I have it installed.

I use IE7 and Chrome sometimes when I'm on Windows machine.
jkuo
Mingjing

Postby oskar on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:57 am

kreese wrote:I've been using Chrome for about a week. For stripped down browsing it seems pretty nice. Firefox was getting a bit unwieldy.

Opera users - why do you prefer this browser?

I use Opera. After i learned to use the mouse gestures of Opera, i really hate using any other browser. I think the mouse gestures are really brilliant, and makes browsing so much easier and faster. Also i really like the speed dial that Opera has. Before Opera was also the fastest browser, i think, but i've heard that Firefox is faster nowdays, but i have no idea...
oskar
Anjing

Postby qiphlow on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:59 pm

the fox that is fire
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Am switching from Chrome to Safari.

Just love the Top Sites and the Cover Flow. Can't stand how Google is the new Msft just copying Apple and others.

I miss the Googlepedia add-on for Firefox though.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby qiphlow on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm

*deleted by me--already responded...*
Last edited by qiphlow on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:09 pm

Firefox still crashes on me a fair bit but as Ashe mentioned, once it's customized, I still can't bring myself away from it. If I'm watching a movie or something like that online where a browser crash would be disasterous I watch it in ie7 or sometimes I like Maxthon which has tabbed browsing and remembers your tabs, has some nice widgets like a youtube downloader but mainly I use it because it runs on a stripped down ie engine so for the occasional webpage that looks wrong in firefox I looks fine in maxtor. It just runs a lot lighter than actual ie.

I don't mind reinstalling the add-ons to firefox for a system re-install because I have my short list of must have add-ons memorized and they are just a few kb anyways so they download and install really quickly.

- X-marks (keeps your bookmarks backed up on an online server and works automatically in the background so you don't have to remember to back up or where you saved them)
- Session manager. (I liked tab mix plus better but they haven't updated to the latest firefox.)
- ant.com toolbar. (One click downloading of videos from virtually any site on the web and even gives the clips logical "human" names instead of calling them "kjh349nkjener_dee9397.flv")
- foxy proxy (can be configured to use a proxy server on the fly according to patterns in the url while leaving your other tabs not using a proxy. This really is important for Chinese web surfing. It uses the local server for local pages and just uses the proxy for things like youtube or anything else that is blocked and that way my local web pages don't slow down. Very cool add-on)

Other one's that I sometimes use but aren't "mission critical" for me are things like "colorful tabs" which just looks cool or flashblocker which I don't always use because it's a bit like a firewall in that it needs to be "trained". When you first use it no flash at all shows up but as you start clicking on things to ok them, little by little it learns what it content and what it advertisement.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:22 pm

Safari/IE/Firefox/Opera... and Lynx, very rarely

I like the name "Iceweasel" better than "FIrefox"...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby zenman on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:06 am

I'm in Thailand. How do you get firefox links in English?
zenman
Anjing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Piece of shit 2.0!
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:07 pm

2.0 what? If you mean firefox, at least 2.0 doesn't crash. I'm running 3.5.2 and it's not very stable.

I'm in Thailand. How do you get firefox links in English?

For firefox:

Tools->options->content->languages->choose->

Then first make sure English is listed as a choice. If not, then click "add" and scroll down untill you find it.

Second (or first if English was already there) use the "move up" or "move down" to make sure that English is at the top.

For IE: Tools->Internet options->languages and then the same as in Firefox.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic