The Rum Soaked Fist

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Rum Soaked Fist

Postby nianfong on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:28 am

Jake wrote:OK OK... Guys... I'm sorry I don't like the name. OK? :-X

I'll probably learn to love it and will be defending it against all evil nay-sayers in the future! ;D

Cheers guys... Didn't mean for this to start blowing up.

Geez, I need a drink now. ;)

here you go, jake: ;D
Last edited by nianfong on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby nianfong on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:31 am

just want to add, that I, too, didn't really like rum soaked fist as a name for the forum at first. but I reconsidered when I took the filepie moniker history out of the picture. we have often referred to ourselves as an internet bar where we talk about martial arts in the old days. rum soaked fist makes sense for that spirit of the forum.
Last edited by nianfong on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby fuga on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:47 am

Since we really are a community rather than a brand, the name is not important, even though folks may not like it.

The quality content on this site will continue to drive quality folks to this site. Lots of places have cool names but lack the community we have here.

Those who are in search of quality information and a great community will eventually find us.

-pete
fuga
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:04 pm

Heh, heh. Hmmm... yeah I gotta admit that I'm gonna feel odd referring people interested in the internal arts to "rumsoakedfist.com" for discussions. For me personally, I don't care what the name is as long as we continue to have the same people and cool discussions...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Felipe Bidó on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:23 pm

Cerebus, I had a concern kinda similar to yours. Fear not, we're working on it
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Steve James on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Transcribe it into Chinese calligraphy and make it a logo.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:48 pm

We should just call it http://www.rsf.com and not offer an explanation.
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:48 pm

ps...

Shit. It's taken. >:(
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:02 am

yeah man... I had a lot of good ideas for other names, but most were taken.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Chris McKinley on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:01 am

With the new name in mind, we just have to get the chat room back up and running.
Chris McKinley

Postby Michael on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:18 am

all 3-letter combos have been taken for years
Michael

Postby Walter Joyce on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:13 am

Jake wrote:
Josealb wrote:Do you usually give opinions without knowing the facts? Well....why does my ego have to take an opinion without a base?

Why should anyone, really?

Anyway, arent you the 41 year old who drinks and dials and lives with a bunch of agressive schoolkids?

The fact is... "The Rum Soaked Fist" is a sucky name for a MA or any other forum. IE... It doesn't make any sense. What's the base for it genious? Wanna fill us all in? I really could care less what it's called though. As long as the info and banter is there. I was simply stateing my opinion as I've never been one to just go with everyone else and say I like something when I don't.

Also what's your non-point about my past? Why don't you fuck off and stay out of it... 'K?

Back about 10 years ago the forum members were playing around with screen names. We knew each other to a certain extent and I like to think I have a way with words. (seeing as that's how i make my living its not completely delusional). I dubbed myself the lohan lawyer and the first thing that came to mind when I thought of Felipe (you know, he's leader of the wolf pack that has kept this web site going for God knows how long after our spiritual leader the Great Devere created this web space) was the Rum Soaked Fist, given his impeccable taste in beverages and his affinity for all things hsing I.

So that's the basis for it genius (yes that is how the word is spelled, see I told you I was good with words).

As for what outsiders think of the name... well who really cares. I thought at the very least I'd explain the genealogy to you.

8-)
Last edited by Walter Joyce on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic