Street Fighter IV

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Street Fighter IV

Postby Joe L. on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Ya from what I've been told since Gouken and Seth are both so broken (which I guess is true, but still), they are banned from tournament play.

Speaking of throwers, fuck Zangief in this game. Really. He just can't get enough of stopping me, no matter what I'll be doing, to flying up into the air to slam me on my head.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:34 pm

To be honest Im thinking of getting a PS3 just for this - and HAWX
Finny
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:18 pm

damn. I just found out about focus dash cancels last night while reading www.shoryuken.com
and checked out some tutorials online. gotta train this shit now... damn.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby jwalker on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:01 am

I played this two weekends back, it's awesome, plays like Capcom vs SNK 2 (which in turn was amazingly similar to the original SF2) but with 3D graphics and a whole bunch of new systems like Nianfong is talking about that I didn't even get to use. I just put down the carnage with Ken and Ryu and Guile and then clocked it with Sagat.

Slight timing delay getting up from knockdowns (more like SF3:TS) which ruined my Guile offensively. But its frickin' awesome, so glad they did another one!

Also this will be released for Windows shortly (and I believe HAWX is already available). But hell get the PS3, why not?
"It is statisticly possible to attack someone with your machete." - John Wang
jwalker
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:09 am

The knockdown delay gets reduced bigtime if you time the down button at the exact moment you hit the ground. it should look like you just bounced back on your feet.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sun May 10, 2009 12:45 am

you can also press any 2 buttons together for the same effect. also:

nianfong
Administrator

Postby Joe L. on Sun May 10, 2009 12:55 am

;D !
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sun May 10, 2009 10:53 pm

I just played SF4 for about 2 hours earlier today, before SC class. I played at least 10 ken/ryu's that used this very flowchart.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Josealb on Mon May 11, 2009 8:13 am

Fong, when i get my PS3....ill look for you on the battlefield.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Mon May 11, 2009 9:49 am

fo sho man. I've fought so many kens and ryus at this point, I know all the major variants:
1) the noob: just jumps and kicks and punches and occasionally throws a special move
2) the cheese: fireball, jump LK, crouch LK repeat, throw. the better versions do a crossover. I fry these guys with blanka balls/electricity.
3) the retard who never learns (see flowchart above). blanka has so many ways around or through a fireball, these guys get so pwned.
4) the actually good fighter: varies things up, badass combos, dash cancels, times the level 3 focus attack so it hits right when you stand up.

fought a guy last night that was really good. beat me 8 of 12 games, across my top chars. my ryu stood on equal ground with his though, though his combos were better. best chun li I've ever played against. he got this badass like 12 hit combo on me finishing with his EX bird kick.

Any of you guys have a problem fighting balrog (the boxer)? They always turtle up, and then the punches and headbutt thing are so high priority.

Joe, you ready to add me yet? you ready for this shit? ;D

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby nianfong on Mon May 11, 2009 10:58 am

oh and as for ken vs ryu... ryu wins just about every time. ken's faster but he does much less damage. eg ryu's tornado kick is higher priority, does more damage, and has knockdown. and ryu's LP dragon punch against a jumping attack easily combos into his ultra. ken's "unique" kicks have longer range than ryu's "unique" punches, and he has ryu's old target combo (MP->HP) which cancels right into the typical dragon punch -> Super if you have it.

something I learned this past week: only EX, super, and ultra attacks can hit falling opponents. so for my ryu, if I don't have the ultra fireball ready to go, I would do an EX HP dragon punch or an EX fireball to catch someone while they fall after an anti-air LP dragon punch.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Joe L. on Mon May 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Haha, sorry Fong, I glossed over the fact you had PS3 and not the red ring of death, aka 360, like me.

When I head over to my friends house with the ps3 I'll add you to his and destroy you if you wish. I can at least assure you I will never play with Ken, even when I'm losing continuously ;D

Balrog wise, I sometimes have a problem with him (have to resort to a high jump into a low sweep over and over..) but oddly as limited as he seems, is fun to play as more so than in older games. I still hate playing as blanka, e honda, guile, etc., but balrog stepped it up.
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Mon May 11, 2009 1:35 pm

hahaha. blanka, guile, honda, ryu are my 4 best chars... ;)
nianfong
Administrator

Postby nianfong on Mon May 11, 2009 1:36 pm

and yes, ken is a douchebag. that smile while he gives you a shinryuuken is so annoying.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby nianfong on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:26 am

I AM OFFICIALLY CHAMPIONSHIP GRADE 1. WHO WANTS SOME?!?!?! ;D
nianfong
Administrator

Previous

Return to Off the Topic