positive

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

positive

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed May 28, 2008 12:11 pm

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.”
- Anais Nin

nice.

check it.
http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2007/02/09/take-the-positivity-challenge/
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Re: positive

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed May 28, 2008 12:39 pm

Nice.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Wed May 28, 2008 12:45 pm

that's some powerful stuff there.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed May 28, 2008 1:31 pm

From my own viewpoint, I have been applying a lot of that stuff lately.
You know, eradicate the negative and accentuate the positive and so on.

However, I really am not one to hide away from things and have to find ways to remain positive even when in conversation or contact with other peeps who are to the negative.

If nothing else, it is an interesting exercise in living.

It's very good practice to nip negative in the bud. But it is also folly to not recognize it because you don't want to or to not speak to it because of internal conflict and doubt.

Do what ya gotta do.

the worst part is that more often than not, the most negative stuff I get is coming off of forums. lol I am compelled to return it, but then, I think about how that just perpetuates it.

It is a difficult subject when it comes to social interaction with many.
When it's just about you and being in your own head space, it is supremely easy to be positive in all your comings and goings, riggings and doings. :)
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Wed May 28, 2008 2:04 pm

Writing seems to be an easy outlet for negative emotions. I kept a journal for a long time and filled it with all that negative shit I was feeling and it was sorta theraputic. I would not want to show them to anyone, that's for sure. But I think people are more apt to be negative in writing than in speech. E-mail & the net engender a lot of passive aggresive bullcrap, though. Lots.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed May 28, 2008 2:20 pm

Just don't lose the journal, Bar. Or you may find a one way ticket to Cuba, courtesy of the Homeland Security. :D
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Wed May 28, 2008 2:24 pm

Considering they have DVDs and computers now, and super tasty food, not a bad exile. I'm sure my vast knowledge of such things would make me a media god there.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Wed May 28, 2008 2:27 pm

Darth,
Good on ya. It's a constant struggle when tempers flare about subjects we have passion for.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed May 28, 2008 2:38 pm

Bär wrote:Considering they have DVDs and computers now, and super tasty food, not a bad exile. I'm sure my vast knowledge of such things would make me a media god there.

I was thinking more along the lines of the resort of Guantanamo. It would be cool if they had DVDs, computers and tasty food there too.
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed May 28, 2008 3:22 pm

I think gitmo will be shut down before too long because of the actions and use of it under the Bush presidency.
Not too mention, the whole Fidel thing and Raul opening the country up again.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed May 28, 2008 3:29 pm

They can make it a tourist attraction like in other places, where you can spend one night in a cage and get some watered down form of the same treatment reserved to the "enemy non-combatants".
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Wed May 28, 2008 6:04 pm

Opening up the country? They can't even get car parts. Sheesh. Let's not turn this one political.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Wed May 28, 2008 8:15 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:From my own viewpoint, I have been applying a lot of that stuff lately.
You know, eradicate the negative and accentuate the positive and so on.

However, I really am not one to hide away from things and have to find ways to remain positive even when in conversation or contact with other peeps who are to the negative.

If nothing else, it is an interesting exercise in living.

It's very good practice to nip negative in the bud. But it is also folly to not recognize it because you don't want to or to not speak to it because of internal conflict and doubt.

Do what ya gotta do.

the worst part is that more often than not, the most negative stuff I get is coming off of forums. lol I am compelled to return it, but then, I think about how that just perpetuates it.

It is a difficult subject when it comes to social interaction with many.
When it's just about you and being in your own head space, it is supremely easy to be positive in all your comings and goings, riggings and doings. :)

this is what i try to put into practice as well. my life is better for it.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Thu May 29, 2008 1:56 am

Old story. A patrol is climbing a hill. One guy says, "this place sucks!"

Platoon leader says, "That's no way to talk! You must have a positive attitude, we will ask Private Klonk."

Who says: "I need to say something positive? This place positively sucks."
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Thu May 29, 2008 2:28 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:I think gitmo will be shut down before too long because of the actions and use of it under the Bush presidency.
Not too mention, the whole Fidel thing and Raul opening the country up again.

Nah. Raoul is Fidel part 2. Cubans don't have enough beans and rice because their government has not caught on to basic facts. If people do not prosper by their labor, they do not work hard.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic