UK vs. US (SPOILER ALERT)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: UK vs. US

Postby CaliG on Fri May 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Joe L. wrote:Just type SPOILER, skip a few lines, then write what you need to in white font color. Then those who wants to see it just has to highlight the space you wrote in.

I keep missing it for the past two weeks.. gotta catch up on past eps.

You got it.
CaliG

Re: UK vs. US

Postby Joe L. on Fri May 01, 2009 7:14 pm

CaliG wrote:
Joe L. wrote:Just type SPOILER, skip a few lines, then write what you need to in white font color. Then those who wants to see it just has to highlight the space you wrote in.

I keep missing it for the past two weeks.. gotta catch up on past eps.

You got it.

Ok now that we can discuss it (by the by, you put ALTER and not ALERT ;D ), whats going on in the house right now? Have the brits won most of them or what? I don't mind a bit of an update before I can catch up.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Re: UK vs. US (SPOILER ALTER)

Postby everything on Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 pm

spoiler below...

ok well i think it's 2-1 uk to us. somehow after getting defeated twice, us got to pick the next matchup. of course they went with the best guy against some guy he can beat. it's a short but somewhat entertaining match. will the us have some better team spirit after that? probably not but who knows. the uk is playing soccer, clowning around and having a good time. the americans look like whiny idiots. stupid reality show stuff, but kinda want to watch some of it.
Last edited by everything on Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: UK vs. US (SPOILER ALERT)

Postby chud on Fri May 01, 2009 10:25 pm

CaliG wrote:Anyone watching this season's Ultimate Fighter?

Not me. I've watched every season of TUF since the beginning, but I got so disgusted with it last season I just stopped. I'm tired of watching drunk meat-heads curse at each other.
Also, Dana White is an idiot.
chud
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Fri May 01, 2009 11:58 pm

Yeah fight #3 was good. I like Demacus's attitude, "win or lose, I'm going to make sure he doesn't want to fight me again."

chud wrote:
CaliG wrote:Anyone watching this season's Ultimate Fighter?

Not me. I've watched every season of TUF since the beginning, but I got so disgusted with it last season I just stopped. I'm tired of watching drunk meat-heads curse at each other.
Also, Dana White is an idiot.

You're missing out... ;)
Last edited by CaliG on Sat May 02, 2009 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaliG

Postby chud on Sat May 02, 2009 10:02 am

CaliG wrote:
You're missing out... ;)

I'm just tired of Dana White supplying these guys with alcohol and then keeping them all in a house together; then when some drunken violent episode occurs he is shocked, SHOCKED, at their behavior.
I was watching last season when that idiot Junie was on the show. My wife walked in the room when he was on one of his drunken rants, with every other word getting bleeped out. My wife asked me "what are you watching?". I blurted out, "a bunch of drunken meat heads cussing at each other". It was at that moment that I realized how stupid the whole thing was, and I haven't watched it since.
chud
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Sat May 02, 2009 1:17 pm

chud wrote:
CaliG wrote:
You're missing out... ;)

I'm just tired of Dana White supplying these guys with alcohol and then keeping them all in a house together; then when some drunken violent episode occurs he is shocked, SHOCKED, at their behavior.
I was watching last season when that idiot Junie was on the show. My wife walked in the room when he was on one of his drunken rants, with every other word getting bleeped out. My wife asked me "what are you watching?". I blurted out, "a bunch of drunken meat heads cussing at each other". It was at that moment that I realized how stupid the whole thing was, and I haven't watched it since.

I was talking about the fights, there some good players this season and the fights are ending fast.

I usually just DVR it and fast forward through the bull...
CaliG

Postby jwalker on Mon May 04, 2009 10:57 am

CaliG wrote:
chud wrote:
CaliG wrote:
You're missing out... ;)

I was talking about the fights, there some good players this season and the fights are ending fast.

I usually just DVR it and fast forward through the bull...

I caught the odd episode of TUF in the past but switched off because it was as retarded as chud describes it. This season is different. Lots of focus on training, technique, strategy, all the cool shit about combat. So far there was been little attention on the house or the interactions between house members, only some drama from the US camp. The UK attitude is different and I think this season will be different. Less retarded and pseudo dramatic, I am watching for the first time ever. Hope the UK guys win but I always want the strongest in the end, last week saw a huge elbow to TKO/GNP finish, and a slow frustrating triangle finish, the week before a huge kick. Hard losses, good stuff so far.
"It is statisticly possible to attack someone with your machete." - John Wang
jwalker
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Tue May 05, 2009 12:22 am

I agree about the last season, Junie should have been kicked-out early on. I guess there were trying to boost their ratings with their teenage audience.

As far as the that triangle I thought it was as clean as any I've seen. The Brit thought he was going to get out of it but under-estimated the Yank's Jiu-jitsu. That's pretty much every triangle I've seen, you think you're going to pop your head out and they counter your counter, you don't want to tap in disbelief but you realize you've done too little too late... :-\

Not to mention Bisby said he was the UK team's best fighter.

I think it's going to be a good season with the Brits stronger at striking and the Yanks stronger at grappling, with a few surprises thrown in.
Last edited by CaliG on Tue May 05, 2009 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
CaliG

Postby Areios on Tue May 05, 2009 1:03 pm

is there any sites I can watch it. mmatko has only the fights but i also like to watch their training.
Areios
Wuji

Postby jwalker on Thu May 07, 2009 1:55 am

Do you torrent? That's how I get it. Too big to sendspace etc to you as well.
"It is statisticly possible to attack someone with your machete." - John Wang
jwalker
Great Old One

Postby Areios on Thu May 07, 2009 3:29 am

I will try. There were full episodes to watch at mmatko and mmaroot, but this season is not so popular i think. (but way better fights than at the last season)
Areios
Wuji

Postby Fubo on Fri May 08, 2009 9:28 pm

I'm loving this season. Gotta say that I got sick of the show before the last season started, but this season kicks ass.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby CaliG on Sat May 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Fubo wrote:I'm loving this season. Gotta say that I got sick of the show before the last season started, but this season kicks ass.

Yeah, the Brits are bringing it on!
CaliG

Postby Areios on Sun May 17, 2009 1:01 am

The last fight was awsome. Never thought of that end. It' one of my favorite transition form that position.
Areios
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic