Politics as usual

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Politics as usual

Postby Mike Strong on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:55 pm

steeleincotton,

Clearly you are not reading my posts, ...

... either that or you have the reading comprehension of a a 3rd grader.

I do not align myself with The Neocons.

Neocons Do believe in Wilsonian Interventionism.

Conservatives Do Not.

All the people you listed are NeoCons, ( with the exception of John McCain ).

But you are right, - with the death of William F. Buckley Jr. the Conservative Movement has stalled out ...

... and it won't regain it's momtentum unless someone like Barack Obabma gets elected, inspiring a new new wave of Classical Liberals ( Conservatives) to take action.

Nancy Pelosi is a centrist ::) I would like to know were you get that weed yhou're smoking, 'cause it must be some powerful shit ! ;D ...

... either that , or you're just an idiot .

And why am I reading your posts? I I IGNORED you weeks ago?
Mike Strong

Re: Politics as usual

Postby Father_Jon on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:44 am

Mike Strong wrote:Barak Obama's preacher preaches Black Liberation Theology ...

... Black Liberation Theology evolved out of Liberation Theology in Latin America.

Liberation Theology is one part Catholicism and two parts Marxism.

Barrack Obama spent 20 years nodding yes to a preacher who was preaching as much Che Guevera as he was preaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ...

You seem to have fundamentally misunderstood liberation theology. Gutierrez and Boff, being among the first liberation theologians, appropriated the Marxist critique of capitalism to apply to the disenfrancisement of the poor in underdeveloped locations. In some cases, liberation theology has dovetailed with the laughably apllied communism of paramilitary forces, though the consonace between the two is temporal rather than ideological. To blanket Liberation theology as being a revolutionary Marxist force is to sidestep the point. This is tantamount to claiming that post-modernists are Marxists, because they have likewise adapted Marx's intellectual critique to their own situation.

Additionally, despite the name being similar, Black Liberation Theology has much more to do with the heritage of the Social Gospel Movement, which was an American (mainly) Protestant phenomenon. Influenced by the works of Walter Rauschenbusch, Reinhold Niebuhr, Vita Dutton Scudder, Ida B Wells Barnett, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr..., the Social Gospel movement developed independently of Liberation Theology, though both movements worked toward the enfranchisement of all levels of society as a Christian aim. When this was combined with the racial uplift movement, the ground was prepared for Black Liberation theology. While there as some scholars, such as Cone, who self-identify as Marxist of Marx-influenced, much of the theological thrust of the Black Liberation Theology movement was supplied from the Social Gospel/racial uplift impetus. Again, what we are seeing here is not political Marxism but central ideas, such as production of labor, being applied to theological doctrine.
Last edited by Father_Jon on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Father_Jon
Santi

Previous

Return to Off the Topic