Brawl in China (Chongqing)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Brawl in China (Chongqing)

Postby David Boxen on Fri May 08, 2009 11:13 am

Just witnessed a good sized brawl tonight between drunk guys and security guards. Drunk guys started a fight first, then security guards in the area stepped in to break it up. One piece of advice, if in a fight in China, watch out for the flying kicks.
We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Re: Brawl in China (Chongqing)

Postby David Boxen on Fri May 08, 2009 11:57 am

Maybe 7 or 8 drunk guys, and then more and more security kept coming, so hard to say. There's lots of private security in this area of the downtown. Seems security guys don't what to do besides beat them with sticks and kick them when they are down. A friend of mine got a picture of the security guys hauling off a couple of them afterward, don't know if anyone got any video.
We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Postby Chanchu on Sat May 09, 2009 1:48 pm

http://www.china.org.cn/china/news/2009 ... 749450.htm

Here is a story about a kung fu school beating up the cops--- in Henan
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun May 10, 2009 1:22 am

Those uniformed jocko's who rush in and grab peasants' wares they're trying to sell on the side of the street are not going to get any sympathy from me.
Michael

Postby meeks on Tue May 12, 2009 10:12 am

Led by two coaches, more than 30 kung fu students, brandishing broadswords and other weapons, arrived at the scene. The officers tried to calm down the crowd, but Peng Jianjun, the headmaster, ordered the students to surround and attack the officers.

translation - a bunch of guys in silk jammies showed up outside, center of gravity in their chests, holding shiny, floppy wushu swords because real weapons are banned.
Although the officers' vehicles were damaged, local doctors said the three officers suffered only minor wounds in the fight.

translation - modern wushu in China doesn't work...
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Chanchu on Tue May 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Mike hey I think its great if a bunch of KF cat's would beat the hell out of some thug cops. More power to them!

Really Meeks? combat steel KF weapons are banned in China? I read on ATARN a long time ago that post revolution bow makers had there bows confiscated. Wondering what weapons if any Chinese people own- hunting weapons, shotguns anything? I am thinking probably not...
Last edited by Chanchu on Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby AllanF on Tue May 12, 2009 10:42 pm

guns are also illegal. You can still get spears etc that are more traditional but the only weapons i have seen any carry was a large hunting knife in the belt of a large man from xinjiang
AllanF

Postby Michael on Wed May 13, 2009 4:14 pm

There's a little shooting range near where I live. They have a .22 semi-auto rifle and handgun and a 12 gauge. Not a big operation and totally "private". No cops or anything official looking around. I was kind of surprised. Some of my taiji classmates have several real swords.
Michael

Postby David Boxen on Wed May 13, 2009 5:10 pm

There was a big thing in Chongqing a while ago about a guy killing some kind of cop (or whatever the guys are who actually have guns), and taking his gun. Seems like even the ones who carry guns usually don't have them loaded.
David Boxen
Huajing

Postby bailewen on Wed May 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Yeah I don't know what the laws are but real swords are readily available at most martial arts supply shops. They don't stock many because they are expensive but if you want to drop the cash you can pick them up easily enough. My spear heads are not sharpened but at the market where I paid about 30 yuan for them, they also had sharpened steel tips coated in oil (because it wasn't stainless steel) for about 100 yuan. Most of my classmates who practice the Taiji Dao have dropped about 300 yuan or so for a steel dao. Heck just take a look at the news in Guangzhou and see the crazy stuff they confiscate after some of the gang wars that go on there.

Here's one for sale in Yunan:
http://mall.yninfo.com/productlist/show ... pid=376174
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Thu May 14, 2009 2:06 am

LOL, Meeks strikes!

RE: Real slicers:
In Chenjiagou, they have the full gamut: Flashy tinfoil kids sabers to bloody heavy iron kuandao. And if you want your own: The supermart next to the school sells a range of swords behind the counter with the cigarettes...
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic