Super Squatter in Japan :)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Super Squatter in Japan :)

Postby Michael on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:35 am

So this dude in Japan noticed food kept missing from his kitchen and set up a hidden camera to send pics to his mobile phone, which caught a woman sneaking in. The woman had apparently been living in a closet in his apartment for months and had her own mattress and many plastic bottles of water according to the following article from Reuters.

Question: Considering that Japanese apartments are not know for being particularly spacious, wouldn't it be easier to open the damn closet and look inside than to set up a hidden camera with Internet connection? Naaawww. :D Ed, your comments?

Japan man discovers woman living in his closet
Fri May 30, 2008 1:35pm EDT

TOKYO (Reuters) - A Japanese man who was mystified when food kept disappearing from his kitchen, set up a hidden camera and found an unknown woman living secretly in his closet, Japanese media said Friday.

The 57-year-old unemployed man of Fukuoka in southern Japan called police Wednesday when the camera sent pictures to his mobile phone of an intruder in his home while he was out on Wednesday, the Asahi newspaper said on its Website.

Officers rushed to the house and found a 58-year-old unemployed woman hiding in an unused closet, where she had secreted a mattress and plastic drink bottles, the Asahi said. Police suspect she may have been there for several months, the paper said.

"I didn't have anywhere to live," the Nikkan Sports tabloid quoted the woman as telling police.

Local police confirmed that they had arrested a woman for trespassing, but would not comment further on the case.

(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds; Editing by David Fox)
Michael

Re: Super Squatter in Japan :)

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Unless that lady is a ninja master, it sounds like the usual tabloid exaggeration.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:22 pm

I find that strangley humorous all the while irritating as crap that she had the nerve to do that to someone.

*meeks, checking his closets...*
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby edededed on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:34 am

Japanese tabloids (which are in a pseudo-magazine format) don't go quite as far as American tabloids (i.e. they don't blatantly lie about aliens and Hitler actually being alive and such). (They also have girlie spreads mixed in with the pseudo-articles.)

That said, I think that this news item is quite possible in Japan, since most older people are very lawful (following the exact same schedule every day - imagine modrons*), making it easy for the woman to keep herself hidden from the home's owner. Men also don't clean up much as women might do...

*Extra nerd points for you if you know what these are...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:06 am

yeah, I read about this in the Yomiuri, which is not a tabloid.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic