Richard Feynman

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Richard Feynman

Postby Ian on Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 pm

Ian

Re: Richard Feynman

Postby yusuf on Mon May 18, 2009 11:03 am

well found Ian.. Feynman was one of my heroes and a total genius.. the way he explained things was amazing... I took the whole physics / maths / theoretical physics route because of him.... If anyone gets the chance his books are outstanding....

btw. Long ago I had a dream that he was wearign a suit and playing the bongoes. In the dream I asked him why he was wearing a suit. He said thats what they wore where he was. i told all my geeky friends the next morning and they all called me a hippy. The next day news broke that he had died two nights previously...

that was my one of my best 'fuck you Richard Dawkins' moments :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Mon May 18, 2009 11:20 am

He was my Father-in-law's roommate at MIT.
He told me he did all his math in his head - including
the likes of Theory of Relativity.
roger hao

Postby yusuf on Mon May 18, 2009 12:07 pm

dont forget the lock picking and the trips to tanu tuva for drunken drugged up throat singing analysis ..truly the progenitor of all gonzo physicists ... :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Mon May 18, 2009 6:50 pm

yusuf wrote:well found Ian.. Feynman was one of my heroes and a total genius.. the way he explained things was amazing... I took the whole physics / maths / theoretical physics route because of him.... If anyone gets the chance his books are outstanding....

I used to read his books as a child. really entertaining stuff.
Ian

Postby Brady on Mon May 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Thing that I always appreciated most was his IQ was 124 (and he was happy to boast that). A man who's raw intellect wasn't exceedingly high, suggesting his genius lied more in his wonder, enthusiasm, and creativity than his intellectual brawn.
Brady
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic