Separate Chinese evolution?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Separate Chinese evolution?

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri May 29, 2009 7:17 am

Einstein seemed to have a more hindu bent in his statements about what he thought god was.

as in, god is everything and everyone and all things comprise god.

namaste and all that (the divinity in me recognizes the divinity in you)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Fri May 29, 2009 7:38 am

Doc Stier wrote:Perhaps you should both simply agree that you disagree on this topic, and let it go at that. :-\

Doc ;)

i agree that we do disagree, but it is a privilege to be able to discuss it! I absolutely respect Chris's religious experiences, but I want him to admit that there are many things that he doesn't understand.

I have very little experience with christianity, for example, so I don't claim to know about it. Simple.

8-)
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby affa on Fri May 29, 2009 9:40 am

speaking of g-d's evolution...

john 15:1-6

1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

heredity, variation, selection.
16, 76, 81, 88, 93
21, 28, 38, 52, 78
7, 40, 56, 73, 87
23, 65, 82, 91, 95
2, 6, 10, 46, 95
affa
Wuji

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri May 29, 2009 3:40 pm

Nice Affa, but it's more like this: redemption, justification, sanctification, transformation, conformation, and eventually, glorification.
Chris Fleming

Postby affa on Fri May 29, 2009 4:10 pm

that may very well be the bigger picture, chris, but why the branched vine metaphor here? fruit bearing branches - preserved if successful, pruned if not. i warm-heartedly challenge you to read every verse in the bible that uses a vine metaphor (there are many) and then read a comprehensive, introductory text on evolutionary theory. when your read the evolution stuff, try your best not to care whether you believe it or not... just treat it like a body of information you're responsible for on a big fat nasty final exam. it's not a multiple choice exam either... all essay ;D
16, 76, 81, 88, 93
21, 28, 38, 52, 78
7, 40, 56, 73, 87
23, 65, 82, 91, 95
2, 6, 10, 46, 95
affa
Wuji

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Fri May 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Steve James wrote:It is very likely, however, that most Chinese had a single common ancestor, specifically Genghis Khan :)

AWESOME!!! ;D ;D ;D
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic