Policemen fired for beating unconscious man

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Policemen fired for beating unconscious man

Postby Steve James on Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm

They deserved to be fired, because they made a bad mistake. But, I know why they kicked the crap out of him, too. We just can't afford to condone it.
Last edited by Steve James on Wed May 20, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: Policemen fired for beating unconscious man

Postby Dmitri on Wed May 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Wow.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Wed May 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Dayum! Wow. Yeeeeah.... I can understand WHY they wailed the shit out of him, he tried running over a cop and led them on a crazy chase endangering other lives, but damn.... that was really friggin wrong and totally stupid on their part. If the guy lived (Hell ya don't know at first if he was dead or alive after being thrown from the car on impact), then he's gonna have some serious Rodney King lawsuit money coming to him. This sucks, because the guy was obviously a shit-heel who needed to go to prison, but now he's been given some moral high ground by those eejits (who may be doing some time themselves after that). Altogether a really fucked up situation.
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby mrtoes on Wed May 20, 2009 3:35 pm

What cerebus said. Really messed up. He looked really fucked up flying out of that car, if the police had just left him alone he'd be left with crippling injuries plus attempted manslaughter, dangerous driving plus whatever the hell he was doing to result in that chase. Well he'll probably still have to face that but he'll also have a fat paycheck to make himself feel better :(
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby dragontigerpalm on Wed May 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Looked like well deserved CPR to me.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby mrtoes on Wed May 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation? I wondered what they were doing with their truncheons! Reminds me of the Bill Hicks sketch about the Rodney King trial:

"It's how you look at the tape."
"Well would you care to tell the court... How you're looking at that?"
"Yeah, okay, sure. It's how you look at it. For instance, well, if you play it backwards, you see us help King up and send him on his way."
"Mmm... Not guilty!"
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed May 20, 2009 4:57 pm

It's like Chris Rock said, if the police have to come and get you, they're bringing an ass whooping with them.

Seriously, they need to be sued and jailed themselves, not just fired.
Chris Fleming

Postby .Q. on Wed May 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Not saying they should have done it, but I don't know if you can just say they're completely wrong though. If some guy tried to run over my family I don't think I'll stop to think about whether he's already unconscious before I beat him back into it. Plus they were on him so quick the idea that the guy is probably seriously hurt probably just escaped their minds.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby meeks on Wed May 20, 2009 9:17 pm

cerebus has wacked the shit out of the unconciously correct...
Last edited by meeks on Thu May 21, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Steve James on Thu May 21, 2009 9:00 am

The reason they're wrong is that there loads of examples of cops whose first response after similar situations is to risk their lives saving the same guy.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu May 21, 2009 10:32 am

Love how the one cop suddenly realizes the squad car camera is rolling and runs back to shut it off. Also love how the first cop to hit the guy seems to be targeting his right kidney with such rage that he can't keep his footing. How about every cop there gets fired and every cop who touched him during the beating, plus the one who unplugged the camera, get threatened 1-5 years? Then sweat them out and reveal the underlying policy that condones that behavior because this is not an isolated incident, and give whoever failed to stop the policy 1-5 years? Just a thought.

There are so many other new cases you can find daily on youtube of people getting beaten and abused for doing nuttin'.
Michael

Postby cerebus on Thu May 21, 2009 12:25 pm

Michael wrote:Love how the one cop suddenly realizes the squad car camera is rolling and runs back to shut it off. Also love how the first cop to hit the guy seems to be targeting his right kidney with such rage that he can't keep his footing. How about every cop there gets fired and every cop who touched him during the beating, plus the one who unplugged the camera, get threatened 1-5 years? Then sweat them out and reveal the underlying policy that condones that behavior because this is not an isolated incident, and give whoever failed to stop the policy 1-5 years? Just a thought.

There are so many other new cases you can find daily on youtube of people getting beaten and abused for doing nuttin'.

Well, there is no "policy" condoning that action. It was just human nature uncontrolled...
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Thu May 21, 2009 12:37 pm

if you can't control yourself in that type of high-stress situation, then you shouldn't be a fucking cop.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu May 21, 2009 2:02 pm

qiphlow wrote:if you can't control yourself in that type of high-stress situation, then you shouldn't be a fucking cop.

I agree, but if that rule was seriously enforced (not that it's even possible to begin with IMO), then about 80% of the existing police force would have to be fired.

It's like being surprised about why 80% of martial artists (in any MA) suck at martial arts, generally speaking. ;D
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu May 21, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Thu May 21, 2009 4:12 pm

qiphlow wrote:if you can't control yourself in that type of high-stress situation, then you shouldn't be a fucking cop.

Oh this is definitely true. It's also definitely not the case. If they raise the standards too high, no one passes the exams and they have no cops...
cerebus
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic