For Udel

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

For Udel

Postby shawnsegler on Tue May 26, 2009 10:09 pm

"We do know that our veterinary colleagues at USDA (the U.S. Department of Agriculture) and elsewhere in the world are now looking to see if samples in freezers from pigs or other animals that might provide the missing link," Cox said.

"If we can determine the origin we can also take measures to ensure that the virus doesn't reemerge in a slightly different form," she said.

The researchers said they do not know how this particular virus acquired the ability to infect people. It does not have the usual mutations that allow animal viruses to jump into people and then to pass easily from one person to another.

Flu experts get worried when viruses go straight from animals to people. Usually they do not pass any further than one person -- for example the feared H5N1 avian influenza virus that has infected 429 people and killed 262 of them rarely passes from person to person.

But all three recent pandemics -- in 1918, 1957 and 1968 -- occurred when a new avian flu virus started infecting people.

So far sampling of the new H1N1 virus shows very little genetic mutation -- a sample from a patient in Mexico is virtually identical to samples from various U.S. states and other countries.

This "indicates that this virus may have been INTRODUCED INTO HUMANS IN A SORT OF SINGLE EVENT," Cox said. Or if more than one person was infected directly from an animal or other source, they were infected with genetically identical viruses.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Re: For Udel

Postby AllanF on Tue May 26, 2009 10:37 pm

CIA...just saying!
AllanF

Postby Doc Stier on Wed May 27, 2009 7:02 am

"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri May 29, 2009 1:12 am

Thanks for the post. There's a lot of information showing that the latest "swine flu" was laboratory made and dropped into place by the people who made it and not some kind of naturally occurring disease.
Michael

Postby Doc Stier on Fri May 29, 2009 2:21 am

Michael wrote:Thanks for the post. There's a lot of information showing that the latest "swine flu" was laboratory made and dropped into place by the people who made it and not some kind of naturally occurring disease.

If that should prove to be true, shame on them for seeking financial profit through the suffering and death of others. :-[

Doc
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri May 29, 2009 6:56 am

It's all but admitted at this point.
Last edited by Michael on Wed May 30, 2018 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Fri May 29, 2009 7:12 am

Unfortunately there are incidences of the US govt testing bio and chem warfare items on the general populace back when these things were being first developed. Wouldn't surprise me if the practice continues today but it does piss me off.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic