Obama attacks firearms rights

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Obama attacks firearms rights

Postby Chanchu on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:20 pm

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federa ... s-col-blog

Bull shit don't buy it!

"Federal law prevents collecting and reporting certain information on firearms purchases and creation of a national registry of firearms is prohibited. That slows the time to trace a gun, which means leads grow cold before police even know where the gun originated."

Here it come use of a false crisis to put forth a political agenda

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/17/us/po ... 17nra.html

It should be noted that any effort to restrict gun ownership in the U.S. will not stop Mexican cartels from acquiring guns and ammunition from other countries,” Mr. McCain said on Friday. He added that cartels were already getting grenades and other weapons ( fully automatic) from other countries.

This straw dog BS use of a crisis by the Obama regime is directly aimed at law abibing gun owners not drug gangs they don't give a damn about crime they do want to disarm the public in the worst way...

Gun sales continue to go through the roof no one believes Obama LE agencys that back him are doing so to increase their power

The guns to Mexico cat's paw has been debunked many times but they will still use the hysteria to alarm the sheep and disarm the people.
Last edited by Chanchu on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Re: Obama attacks firearms rights

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:34 pm

I think it's all a ruse to drive up gun sales and it's working!
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby dragontigerpalm on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:13 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:I think it's all a ruse to drive up gun sales and it's working!

and prices. :o
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby klonk on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:11 pm

This whole flap is an example of big lie politics. I hate that whenever I see it, for no good ever comes of a lie.

It is clear that the Mexican drug gangs aren't getting machine guns, grenades and so forth from live bait and gun shops in America, or from gun shows, both of them places where you can equip yourself for the target range or the duck blind. Class 3 weaponry is so heavily restricted in this country, and the whole Class 3 ownership pool is so small, that the whole idea of that stuff coming into Mexico through U.S. civilian channels is absurd.

How the lie is told : http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=4632

As to why the lie is told, Chanchu hit it already. It is a long standing article of faith on the left that America would be a better place if we did not act as if arming outselves is our right if we see fit... Oh wait, it is!

Even if the guns thing is not your issue, you should join the NRA if you think big lie politics are bad whatever the target is this week. https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp You see, the current political trend in Washington is against rights and freedoms of all kinds. To oppose this in one matter is to oppose it in all.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:17 pm

An buddy of mine who used to be in one of L.A. toughest gangs told me that the gang used to send him down to Mexico with guns that had been stolen here in the U.S. He would go down there with one or two guns at a time. He's mexican american so all he had to do was dress like a poor mexican and no one knew the difference.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:14 pm

The big lie, of course, is in the misuse of a statistic. 87 or 90 percent or whatever of guns given by the Mexicans to our BATFE to trace are from America. What this means is that the Mexican cops are smart enough to give the Gringos guns to trace that obviously came in from the U.S., the only ones the BATFE can trace. Duh!

Here is where the heavy weaponry is really coming from: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 9992.story

Some gang banger muling in a couple of stolen guns does not explain the types (full auto, DD and other) of guns in use by the cartels, and does not appear adequately to explain the number of guns either. Also overlooked in the question of ordinary arms (pistols, non-auto rifles, etc.) is that there are some prolific manufacturers of these things in South America, with Brazil in particular being a big player in arms manufacturing.

This looks like a Beretta, but it is from Brazil:

And this looks like a Smith and Wesson, but again, it is Brazilian:

This one looks like a Colt:

While these are clone guns, they all work and will shoot somebody just as dead, if the bearer is so inclined. In short, while Mexico does have a problem with people shooting each other and blowing each other up, over the drug thing, laying all this at the feet of Bubba the possum hunter here in America and Joe's Live Bait, Tackle and Guns, where he shops, is another instance of lies, damned lies and statistics.
Last edited by klonk on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:45 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/18/ ... cnnSTCText

"Over the last five years, about 87 percent of firearms seized and traced by Mexican authorities were purchased in the United States, "

This is Obama bull shit...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/18/ ... cnnSTCText

"CBP which oversees the international crossings, reported that in the 2008 fiscal year, a total of 70 weapons were seized in southbound inspections. "

Gee thats pretty special, how is that a epidemic of arms flowing south? CBP BTW are the same wonderful folks who want to take your pocket knife that you can open with one hand and then put you in jail for having it. Where are they ( drug gangs) getting the grenades and RPG's and fully auto rifles that they are using- the bulk of the weapons used in the drug war SOTB? From big 5? I don't fucking think so- Lying Mo Fo Bastardos.

" In the same time period, Mexican authorities captured *30,000 weapons, *7,200 of which were submitted to the ATF for tracing, the report says. The gap between seizures and traces is a statistic that gun-rights groups say puts in question whether the majority of illegal guns in Mexico really come from the United States." No shit....

Its not in question its a fact.... most do not come from the US period.
Last edited by Chanchu on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:50 pm

A little local knowledge helps a lot. I have heard from more than one source that the most desired pistol, south of the river, is the big Colt automatic, with the dancing horse logo and all--the genuine article. But those are difficult to get, and expensive, so, sequero que si, a Brazilian or Argentine copy is not so bad!

An Argentine "Systema Colt" clone:

klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 pm

It looks like this time the BS being thrown is not going to stick to the wall, for word has gotten out that this is a bogus claim, as presented. See for yourself. http://www.google.com/search?q=number+of+guns+in+mexico

Edit: I can put up with people who disagree with me, but I have no use for liars.
Last edited by klonk on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Damnit, Klonk! Will you and Chanchu stop arguing or Ima gonna send this to BTDT.
Michael

Postby Chanchu on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:17 pm

It just that Klonk is so damned contrary Mike! ;D

Yep, they like Colt's years past before the law abiding citizens of Mexico were disarmed to be left to the tender mercies of the Federales and the Crooks ( and who can say which is worse- anywhere ) private Mexican citizens could own pistoles not in military calibers for self protection- such as .38 Super also known south of the border as 'Mexican Magnum' or sometimes '.38 Stupido' :D Dunno about .357. I think that is forbidden for common serfs

38 Super in a 1911 Colt was highly regarded in Mexico- a hot round can come damn close to the ballistics of a .357. Used to be you could own them legal and keep a gun in your house in Mexico for protection.

http://www.lewhorton.com/CLTO2991EC.jpg

"Colt El Caballo De Oro "

But I think the common people have been disarmed by the elites down south and are now worried and plundered by both sides..

I know some of my law abibing Mexican friend's here in the states loved them- gawd knows though what a box of 38 super would cost now since the Obama hoplopobe hysteria has arrived.

Take that Klonk! >:(
Last edited by Chanchu on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:18 pm

What we observe is the criminal class cares for no gun law at all!

You're right, .38 Super is a very good cartridge. It may even be better than the .45. But it is the principle of the thing I am arguing here, why do you keep arguing with me!? ;)
Last edited by klonk on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:15 am

What's cool is how well you guys move the thread along. I'm thinking conservative talk show host and his hilarious sidekick, done live, on a shooting range.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:49 am

Bill wrote:An buddy of mine who used to be in one of L.A. toughest gangs

(note to self: "don't fuck with Bill")
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:00 am

toughest gang in LA is the lollypop bunch and no, you don't want to fuck with them.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic