anyone kno what happend to this "Kiai master"?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

anyone kno what happend to this "Kiai master"?

Postby ShortFormMike on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:48 pm

my friend emailed me this link. of course it's that no touch kind of bullshit. anyway, the old man gets knocked out badly by an MMA guy. i'm just curious if anyone knows if he was seriously injured. even though the guy's a fraud he clearly didn't know it and i feel bad for him for some reason.

Last edited by ShortFormMike on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if it doesn't make sense, it's because I'm "typing" with Swype or using android's voice to text, which is pretty damn good by the way
ShortFormMike
Huajing

Re: anyone kno what happend to this "Kiai master"?

Postby gosao on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:00 am

Didn't this guy also get hit in the face with a soccer ball on a Japanese variety show?
gosao
Huajing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:43 am

Why do you feel bad for him?
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:46 am

gosao wrote:Didn't this guy also get hit in the face with a soccer ball on a Japanese variety show?

yes that was more embarassing than this.
Ian

Postby everything on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:03 am

this is a nice one tying back to john wang's thread about the temporary wrist grab
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Felipe Bidó on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:50 pm

I will say like I always say when this video has been posted here: "He hit me in the MOUF!!"

Gosao, i saw that video you talk about, and I'd love it if someone puts it here :D
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Fubo on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:22 am

Ian wrote:
gosao wrote:Didn't this guy also get hit in the face with a soccer ball on a Japanese variety show?

yes that was more embarassing than this.

Also the one where he gets smacked on the head with a Chinese style fan. The whole thing seemed so absurd I couldn't stop laughing... must find it now!
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Fubo on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:29 am

ShortFormMike wrote: even though the guy's a fraud he clearly didn't know it and i feel bad for him for some reason.

Why feel sorry for him? He's doing his students harm by teaching them BS that will get them killed or seriously hurt in a dangerous confrontation. He's a MA "master", it's his responsibility to be aware and honest about exactly what he is teaching. Think about all the students this video has possibly helped.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby klonk on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:48 am

This guy wearing a red belt is possibly insulting to Japanese martial artists, but I think it more likely causes them amusement.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby ShortFormMike on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:45 pm

"Why do you feel bad for him?"

i'm not exactly sure. something about the humiliation of an old man that bothers me i guess.

who knows though. maybe he's one of them sadistic masters who indulges himself in the power he has over his students. if that's the case i wanna say, "f' him." but i don't know that so it just seems like an old man losing A LOT of face... and teeth maybe.
if it doesn't make sense, it's because I'm "typing" with Swype or using android's voice to text, which is pretty damn good by the way
ShortFormMike
Huajing

Postby Fubo on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:03 pm

ShortFormMike wrote: just seems like an old man losing A LOT of face... and teeth maybe.

And students too! ;D
Last edited by Fubo on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:35 am

There are a lot of old fools in the world too.

Age doesn't bring wisdom to many.
We do have a tendency to project archetypes on people. This is what confidence people take advantage of in us.

He was merely a fraud who got his just desserts a little late. Someone should have punched him in the face years ago.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:05 am

The sad part is that he apparently really believed his own hype....
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:18 am

sadly, most of the people you meet in your daily life never question themselves or their own existence.

If by some chance they gather a following, those people in turn do not question themselves and in an effort to not be seen as stupid themselves, they find a way to uphold the evidence of their stupidity as sound.

Nobody likes to be seen as stupid because of what they believe in whether they can prove it or not.

This is why people who have spent 10 years training with some fraud never step up with any sort of anger at all.
Mostly they are in a state of disbelief at first, then things quell down and then they feel comfortable all over again in their stupid beliefs.

This is not the last of this guy, I'm sure he's trying to figure out better ways to move people without touching them or maybe he is even so stupid as to wonder about whether or not his aging is causing him to lose his powers. lol

Foolishness in humanity knows no bounds. Just observe your world, you'll know it to be the truth that will best serve you in your own endeavours. :)
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:53 am

In the martial arts, it always comes down to the fact that nothing dispels
self-delusion quite like an overdue physical reality check! :o

Doc Stier ;)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic