Blind Sword (Japanese movie)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Blind Sword (Japanese movie)

Postby Overlord on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:23 am

Cant wait.

Over
Overlord

Re: Blind Sword (Japanese movie)

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:29 am

even better - samurai vs pitching machine!

Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:00 am

the top one looks liek a young chick version of zatoichi
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:06 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:even better - samurai vs pitching machine!

He is good.

Over
Overlord

Postby Dmitri on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:14 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:the top one looks liek a young chick version of zatoichi

I dunno about that... Zatoichi (the lead actor) had tons of character, whereas this girl looks like a pampered actress (which she is) and the whole thing looks to me more like a soap opera than a good movie. (Although it might be just the preview, who knows... I'm just not getting a feel this was directed well.)

I guess what I'm saying is that "young chick version" makes it stop BEING anything like Zatoichi. Apples and oranges. :P ;)
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:34 am

it lookslike live action cosplay stuff.

I never really bought into female swordsmen anyway, nevermind blind ones.
I'm willing to bet the actuality of it is null.

But I guess in the great age of egalitarianism, we're bound to see more of it...so. lol

There has been a propensity on tv to put feminine characters into masculine warrior roles.

There isn't a lot of evidence supporting the reality of that though. IN far ancient cultures there was female warriors.
the amazons, bodicia, joan of arc, probably a ninja or two but for the most part, the female as warrior is pretty rare even today.
The percentages are way to low to make it an easy buy in for me.
Last edited by Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:51 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:There has been a propensity on tv to put feminine characters into masculine warrior roles.

Not to worry, there's an equally string propensity towards making boys more effeminate, so we have a good balance thing going there. ;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:17 am

Dmitri wrote:
Darth Rock&Roll wrote:There has been a propensity on tv to put feminine characters into masculine warrior roles.

Not to worry, there's an equally string propensity towards making boys more effeminate, so we have a good balance thing going there. ;D

Yeah I wonder what's up with all the gender bending lately. Pretty weird. I think that the nature vs nurture factor has the nurture portion really being hammered away at like the crotch of an old whore.

Doesn't seem to really be taking though. Boys still act like boys and girls still act like girls. I think there's a lot of things we just can't get around no matter how hard we deny it from ourselves.

there will be some gays in an overwhelmingly hetero population, ergo that is normal and those folks should be afforded equality under the rule of law where there isn't any and certainly shouldn't be discriminated against in any way shape or form, period.

But the androgyny factor is where there is real weirdness. Now that is gender confusion to me. And it is an effect of faulty nurturing. But there are other effects of this sudden catapulting of "lets mix this all up" kind of thinking that is getting more prevalent.

I think it behooves us to accept what is there, and to leave the rest of it alone.

Wow, I think we hijacked this thread now!

Happy Pride Week! lol
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:30 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Yeah I wonder what's up with all the gender bending lately. Pretty weird. I think that the nature vs nurture factor has the nurture portion really being hammered away at like the crotch of an old whore.

I think it's general "well-being" of the society that causes it (not the phenomenon itself, but its growth), i.e. where men don't have to hunt for food, physically protect their homes and families, etc. I may be mistaken of course (didn't research that, so maybe someone who knows can correct this), but I don't think this phenomenon is nearly as developed in the "third world" countries. Kind'a like homosexuality... It's there of course (the small inner circle (or "dot") of Yin in the Yang portion of the taiji symbol, if you will - so yes it's completely natural and will always be present), but it's not even close to being as widely accepted in the society as some type of a norm, -- in contrast with, say, San Francisco. :)

Gender "mixing" is also, again like homosexuality, contributes to population control. Which, again, is a result of the society's relative "success", i.e. mortality rates are low so people don't need to reproduce as much as they do in developing countries.
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:41 pm

Overlord wrote:
Darth Rock&Roll wrote:even better - samurai vs pitching machine!

He is good.

Over

He is not.
Chris Fleming

Postby nianfong on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 am

Dmitri wrote:Not to worry, there's an equally string propensity towards making boys more effeminate, so we have a good balance thing going there. ;D

yup. just look at mixy ;D
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Muad'dib on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:14 pm

This film as released in Japan is titled something along the lines of Zatoichi something something. FYI
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic