Celtics/Lakers NBA FINALS!!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Celtics/Lakers NBA FINALS!!

Postby bigphatwong on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:14 pm

I live in L.A., but I'm glad the Celts won. Fuck Kobe and his enormous ego. There ain't no "I" in team, baby.

That's why I'm a Clippers fan. The only people they can beat are their own hometown! ;D
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:09 am

Maybe Obiwan will get his wish now. Maybe a trip to bean town?
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby kenneth delves on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:36 am

New York teams are dead on the ground[I think of the Giants as NJ] so, as I have spent a lot of time in Boston, I support Boston, which is immersed in and passionate about sport and want to win, long live Boston nation, Pierce rules, Bradley-get rid of the trophy and win this year
kenneth delves
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:01 am

I'm happy for Boston. I will still love to hate the Celtics, Boston has passionate fans, yeah, primarily because they've been LOSERS for so long. True, ya'll go on a rip every decade or so. I'd want to win a World Series or 2 every 100 years. Yeah, you had a hockey tem that made the playoffs. But, NY area had 2, or was that 3. Wtf, the Giants are a NJ team?? And, like the Patriots are a Boston team??? yah.

But, got to give the Celts and their tradition all the respect; they were the smartest, best team in basketball this year. The Celtic fans deserve it. :)

Watch out though. Get too puffed up and the same thing'll happen to them as happened to the Patriots.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby steelincotton on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:13 am

Wow, we took the life and spirit right out of the Lakers. They pretty much gave up after half-time. They didn't show any heart at all the second half, unlike the Celts who battled back after being 24 points behind. Let's face it. The Celts deserved it this year! Anyway, I'm out to purchase my NBA Champions jersey!!
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby josh on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:31 am

Lakers put on a pretty bad show, and it's hard not to be happy for Boston when you have people like Paul Pierce (continually underrated), KG, Ray Allen, PJ Brown, etc. winning their first well-deserved title.
Now I'm getting amped for Olympic basketball this August, go USA!
通背神拳誰敢擋﹐無影無形無柔剛。兩手捧定千斤法﹐專打邪魔鬼神忙。
josh
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Steve, Pats are still in the same state. Which exit are Giants at?
Shall we compare numbers for NBA championships? It's our time, son.
The stripes had their day, but that day is done. 2 in a hundred years? How about 2 in the last 4 years, both sweeps. The Hankies haven't done that in almost a decade. And NEVER even one in this century.
The Giants haven't been a NY team since the year after I got out of high school. The Pats have ALWAYS been in the Bay State.

And now...the Green Machine!
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:23 pm

Bah, they're the NY Giants; and the only reason those teams are in Jersey is because we don't have enough space for more stadiums. Yeah, the New England Pats are in the same state; but the team belongs as much to Newton, Bangor and Stamford. Sure, the Pats have fans in Boston, but the Pats aren't a bean-town team. Youse guys got three teams, the Bruins, Celtics and the Sox. I'm hoping the Bruins have some luck, some day. But, be happy; we'll give your Pats another chance next season.

I don't blame ya'll for getting used to winning. But, except for the Celts, ya'll grew up used to losing.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:34 pm

And yet Jersey is a whole 'nother state. I hear they've got their own governor and everything. Pat's ain't the Boston Patriots, they're the New England Patriots. Maybe your team should be called the Bridge ans Tunnel Giants... but that still begs the exit question. Remember, we have children who know nothing BUT winning. Last I remember NY was the name of your state.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:21 pm

"Remember, we have children who know nothing BUT winning. Last I remember NY was the name of your state."

Yes, you have a generation ... er, well many 5 year-olds-- who know nothing but winning. Poor things. And, true, NY is the state. But, we make 80% of the economy and have been thinking of secession.

It's true that the city has to get back on track. Another subway series would be nice.. Um, you ever had one of those?? And, the Pats could play the Buffalo Bills, I guess.

Stay humble :)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:14 pm

Just making hay while the sun shines 8-)
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:39 pm

Yeah, you're allowed to cheer ... for at least a week before the warm and fuzzies wear off.
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic