Hitler's Stealth Bomber

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Hitler's Stealth Bomber

Postby Strange on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:35 am

you mean like the time they forgot to bribe the ground in shanghai causing the building to topple over?
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:21 am

Is bribing the ground like some sort of high level feng shui thing?

Ah, mr earth dragon....i give you many lac dolla in silver...you no fall over building!!! Anyahhhhh!!!
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Don't forget that the russian T-series tanks which were eventually the match for the German Panzers were developed by an American, but rejected by the US military. The designer then sold them to Russia.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:41 pm

The Germans got their money and technology from Americans, as documented by Antony C. Sutton in his 1976 book Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler, download the PDF here.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:02 pm

Well, imo, Wall Street bankers (and world bankers in general) helped finance Hitler, in the early 30s, because there was profit to be made. As far as technology, per se, Germany was as advanced, if not more, than any country. They had, well before the war, the most advanced planed, trains, autos, etc; but, more importantly, they utilized their technological advances in the pursuit of war. Just as Japan was more advanced compared to China --and the US-- in those terms. Both took ideas first developed elsewhere and incorporated them. That was another reason why the Jewish scientists, like Einstein, fled the country. It was Einstein, clued in by one of the scientists who remained, that told him that Germany could develop an a-bomb. Einstein, in turn, wrote Roosevelt, who started the Manhattan Project because of it.

Hey, the US didn't even realize the importance of aircraft carriers ... which led to Pearl Harbor, but fortunately the ones we had weren't there. (OK, that's another conspiracy theory.) Then again, we have had technology that we didn't use because we were afraid others would get them, like the B.A.R.. Anyway, wars are always technology races. We steal from everyone, enemies and friends.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:38 pm

shawn: her her her ignore me i'm just being mean.

tom: for us in singapore, when someone say chinese, we automatically think you're talking about ppl in the PRC. to differentiate, we say singaporean chinese, or malaysian chinese...

zhongkui: ??? you mean to say the T tanks were first designed by a american chinese ???

by the way, very nice pics all round.
i did not think the germans got the flying wing to fly. as i understand it, lockheed martin did have a flying wing concept based on the design of the founder. but the flying wing, had inherent stability control issues, which could not be overcome till modern electronic systems were put in place to control the plane.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:42 pm

very nice german design, a pity control was an issue
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby chud on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:26 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:for another clue to where it's at: note that the fastest plane ever built was the sr-71 blackbird. It was completely operable in 1969. It was mothballed in the 90's and nothing was put forward as it's replacement.

You don't think there wasn't a replacement do you? lol

"We already have the means to travel among the stars. We have things out in the desert that are 50 years beyond what you could possibly comprehend. If you have seen it on Star Wars or Star Trek, we’ve been there done that, or decided it was not worth the effort. We now have the technology to take ET home." (Ben Rich, former head of Lockheed Skunkworks, speaking with aviation expert Jim Goodall)
chud
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic