Antoni Hardonk fought back

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Antoni Hardonk fought back

Postby Bill on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:20 am

Antoni Hardonk, a heavyweight who competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, had just finished a training session last month in Los Angeles near Los Angeles International Airport.

He was talking with his attorney, Nima Safapour, when three young men approached him. They asked if he had money so they could buy cigarettes.

"My feeling is I want to help someone if I can, so I pulled out my wallet," Hardonk said.

But he had no change or small bills, so he told the men, whom he estimated to be between 18 and 20 years old, that he couldn't help them.

That's when one of them pulled out a homemade knife, which he said had about a two-inch blade, and demanded his wallet. Hardonk, who is 6 feet 4 and around 250 pounds, was surprised.

But not only is a he professional figher, he was a security guard and a bouncer in Amsterdam, Netherlands. He didn't frighten or lose his composure.

"I said, 'What? Are you crazy? I'm not giving you my wallet,' " Hardonk said.

At that stage, one of the other men said, "He's serious. We'll hurt you if you don't."

Hardonk continued to remain calm and told the men if they wanted his wallet, they'd have to come and get it. The men had second thoughts and left. At that point, Safapour suggested it would be wise if he were to drive Hardonk home instead of allowing him to walk by himself.

Only a very short distance away, Safapour eyed the same three men surrounding a woman. Safapour decided to call the police, because he knew the men were up to no good and the likelihood of something bad happening was increasing. The woman was saved when the men turned their attention on a man who was walking by himself. They went to him and more aggressively demanded his wallet, eventually wrestling with him and taking it.

Hardonk was watching from the car, about 80 to 100 feet away, when he saw them harassing the man. He jumped out of the car and began to run over to try to help the man, whom he did not know.

He wanted to make sure, though, that the man was being robbed and was shouting, "Is that your wallet?" as he was running toward the incident in progress.

Hardonk knocked over two of the men, but the third, who had the victim's wallet, took off running. Hardonk followed. The man who had the wallet dropped it and the trio managed to jump over a fence and into a thicket of trees and get away.

Complete Article http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewr ... mma,174225
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: Antoni Hardonk fought back

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:30 am

well, he didn't actually "fight back" but he did commit an act of vigilantism.

justified though.

:)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:00 pm

These three "robbers" should get out of the business.
First they threaten a monster fighter.
Then, after discussing the blag with their intended victim, they - wisely - decide not to proceed.
Then they move onto a chick without (as near as I can guess from the article) any particular success.
Then they manage to rob a chap.
Third time lucky?
Not quite as then they get KedTFO by the monster fighter. Some people are just not qualified to be crims.

Wonder why Hardonk needs an attorney, BTW? Does he have a habit of dispensing street justice?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby tdprater on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Hope he used his leg kicks of DOOM on those street toughs.
tdprater
Santi

Return to Off the Topic