Qing Gong

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Qing Gong

Postby Strange on Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:28 pm

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Re: Qing Gong

Postby jasonf on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 pm

wow
jasonf
Huajing

Postby meeks on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:32 pm

that was some cool gymnastics - that is HIS gong fu skill. But I wouldn't call it qing gong.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Strange on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:28 pm

granted.
his tremendous acrobatic skills aside; i think one might also take something from his "shun", or smooth fluidity that he execute his moves. inspiring to watch
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:30 pm

meeks wrote:that was some cool gymnastics - that is HIS gong fu skill. But I wouldn't call it qing gong.

+1
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:16 pm

"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:05 am

ok guys, i know this is not qing gong so stop belabouring the point.
...but it is pretty dang close.
anyway, has anyone really seen qing gong?
:)
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:12 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Peacedog on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:58 am

so... one could arguably say that young michael jordan had qing gong then. since he could dunk from the top of the key. that's just half a jump. so he could clear basketball court in 2 jumps?
nianfong
Administrator

Postby jasonf on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:01 am

I totally disagree that this is not Qing Gong, qing gong was originally practiced to help improve mobility, escape from dangerous situations ect...not to give demonstrations and stand on rice paper.
jasonf
Huajing

Postby meeks on Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:04 pm

at 0:40 seconds - if that was qing gong he would have simply lept over the rail from the ground without climbing the wall.

having found a video of acrobatic gong fu (wushu) where they demonstrate some extra acrobatics on the wall does not qualify it for qing gong.

qing gong was originally practiced to help improve mobility, escape from dangerous situations ect...not to give demonstrations and stand on rice paper.

I've personally witnessed qing gong in varying degrees from my first real gong fu shifu. jumping onto the roof from a stand still, jumping over a 10 foot wall (not scaling it) from a stand still, lifting me from a seated position on the floor (on my ass) to about 10 inches off the floor simply by placing an open palm on my shoulder - THAT is some examples of qing gong. Having developed a skill for scaling walls is just that - scaling walls. If you guys want to keep deifying parkour athletes (and I love watching that stuff too) as 'qing gong', go ahead. This thread is getting redundant.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Strange on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Peacedog wrote:Her Jing Han had a few videos out several years back where he was demonstrating qing gong techniques. If you could imagine a human being running like a deer, that is what he looked like. Of course, he was also carrying another person with him at the time. Very impressive. When interviewed he descried the training in a very mechanical manner and said it took the better part of 20 years to get to where he was.

Another teacher of mine knew a man who could clear a basketball court in three bounds. Although, I never met this person.

From various folks whom I trust, I've heard descriptions of white crane, tai chi, bag gua, shaolin and ziranmen practitioners who could all do this to one degree or another. The common trend is that the training to do this is very specific and needs to be started in the early-late twenties at the latest to have much of a chance of success.

... that must be really quite a sight- i have not had the good fortune to see such skill for myself.... while carrying a person you say....!!

thanks for the vid, nice agility and light skills. but.... it just look too much like shaolin with long hair for me muah haha :D

well, i think "deifying" is a tad too strong a word to use.... maybe "admire"
first off, while i may disagree with what some others do, it does not mean i can say what they are doing is not ma.
also, for a person who is more highly skill, it does not mean to say that they can say what a beginner, or intermediate level guy is doing is not ma.
last i remember this scene in 倚天屠龙记 -
a merciless abbess and her disciples are being taunted by a bat king.
even with consummate skill, the bat king was literally running circles around the abbess. he finally runs off cackling.
one of her disciples say: "what bat king? he does not dare to stand and fight!"
the abbess gave a slap to her disciple and said: "if i am unable to touch him, he wins. win or lose, everyone knows.victory is not self-declared."
:)
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic