Palin resigning July 26

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Palin resigning July 26

Postby klonk on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:53 pm

What I find interesting is how much energy the Birkenstock and Volvo crowd spends hatin' on this lady. I have my own ideas what that is about, but what say you all?
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:21 pm

What's it about? Goofing on a goof. A very easy thing to do. You're a superstar for some by being a stunt but when you keep pulling stunts, you're just a goof.
Chris Fleming

Postby ShortFormMike on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:44 pm

i'm afraid of americans.

darth'n'roll: you the man.
if it doesn't make sense, it's because I'm "typing" with Swype or using android's voice to text, which is pretty damn good by the way
ShortFormMike
Huajing

Postby everything on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:00 pm

On one hand, that we elected W twice (supposedly) makes me think we Americans or at least our stupid media are pretty much stupid enough to give Palin an extension on her 15 minutes (since Paris Hilton created the famous-for-being-famous effect) but on the other hand, Alaskans have pretty much driven her out of office using Freedom of Information Act requests - sort of like Denial of Service attacks on webservers - (the real reason Palin resigned is likely not due to presidential ambitions but due to fairly mundane financial/logistical reasons: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1247002 ... lenews_wsj )

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Goofing on a goof. An American past time.

http://www.cbs.com/late_show/the_ten_sp ... &play=true

My favorite is #2.
Chris Fleming

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:51 am

klonk wrote:What I find interesting is how much energy the Birkenstock and Volvo crowd spends hatin' on this lady. I have my own ideas what that is about, but what say you all?

Plain and simple bro, she's doesn't know jack about the world.

Anyone with an education can see that.

But I suppose it's more fun to turn it into some conspiracy people can talk about on AM radio. ;)

Doesn't matter anyway she tapped out! I imagine she would have done the same in Washington.

For me personally I don't like her because she makes me ashamed to be an American. I've represented my country around the world and I'd hate to have to explain how she got into office when she probably couldn't even find the UK on a map.

Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:17 am

I hear it's coming out now that she quit because the freedom of information act has basically paralyzed her office from doing anything at all legislatively and instead they have to spend all their time dolling out records that are on stringent deadlines for receipt lest the foia rules be diminished.

she really couldn't actually do her job anymore.

anyway, it will likely later come out what a corrupt person she was....on top of all the other corruption stuff she is faced with. lol

ultimately, who cares? It's Palin. So what.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:20 pm

wow. palin is actually a poet. undiscovered genius
http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.c ... 9/1139665/
nianfong
Administrator

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:44 pm

nianfong wrote:wow. palin is actually a poet. undiscovered genius
http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.c ... 9/1139665/

That was bad ass!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic