this is goju ryu

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

this is goju ryu

Postby gungfusifu on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:34 pm

http://www.uchinadi-kan.org/kata/katalist.html

one of the best resources on goju there is to show the depth and beauty of REAL Goju Ryu Karate!!!

enjoy !! ;)
gungfusifu
Santi

Re: this is goju ryu

Postby Felipe Bidó on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:52 am

Nice...

I have always liked Goju Ryu. Thanks
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Re: this is goju ryu

Postby gungfusifu on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Felipe Bidó wrote:Nice...

I have always liked Goju Ryu. Thanks

well you are very welcome sir!!! thank you for your positive response.

the following quote indicates the spiriit with which I strive to train.

"Kata

"It should be known that the secret principles
of Goju-Ryu exist within the kata."
Master Chojun Miyagi - Founder of Goju-Ryu

"Kata" are not simply an exhibition of form. They are a concrete manifestation of techniques which can be transformed at any time to any form. It is in the kata that the essence of karate has assumed a definite form. We should always remember that the kata are a crystallization of the essence of karate and that we should always begin afresh and train hard. It is only through the training of kata that you will reach "gokui", the essential teachings.

if it takes 15 mins to do yi lu once, then 4 reps is an hour of tai chi, ....if you rest in one of the sets, in each stance and corect your posture throughout the form as ou go through it, it takes longer, maybe you do that in the third set, the first hour hour you do two sets of yi lu, then in the third set, you hold with perfect posture anaylisis each posture through the form for a minute.. or two , or ( your choice) then finish the 4th set at normal speed.

who has 2 hours for tai chi.. not to mention training paochui, jian, dao, dadao, etc etc...

later
:-X
Last edited by gungfusifu on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gungfusifu
Santi

Return to Off the Topic