U.S. Oil Reserves

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: U.S. Oil Reserves

Postby klonk on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Dmitri wrote:
Chris Fleming wrote:that does not mean that we have a collective intelligence

I see what you're saying but I'm talking about a "higher level" of intelligence... Maybe "intelligence" is a wrong word, I don't know. An ant hill (or similar colonies) is the best analogy I can think of. That "intelligence" is qualitatively different from what any single ant could possibly ever come up with, in its wildest dreams, etc. Even if he's completely, out-of-this-world delusional/insane. It's got nothing to do with how "smart" or "stupid" the actions are, because our very ability to judge them using logic as we know it simply doesn't (cannot) exist.

Just a theory of mine anyway... haven't read anything about it anywhere; just a gut feeling, seems that's one of the facets of how the Universe operates. Could be wrong, who knows.

I think you may be setting the bar too high. I was asked to support SETI (Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence.) But as a procedure-bound experiments type, I thought they needed deeper background. For example, I asked if they could define what they meant by intelligence and prove it exists in a narrow zone, for instance, inside the Washington Beltway. I never heard back from them.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic