Yunnan Earthquake

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Yunnan Earthquake

Postby Bill on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:45 pm

China Earthquake Update - 400+ Dead at least 10,000 homes collapse

No more news at this time.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: Yunnan Earthquake

Postby Bill on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:46 pm

The US Geological Survey said the 5.7 magnitude quake struck in Yunnan province at 1917 local time (1119 GMT).

It damaged 30,000 homes and was followed by eight aftershocks, Xinhua news agency reported.

The agency said authorities had sent thousands of tents, quilts and other aid materials to the site of the quake.

The epicentre was reported to be in a mountainous area in Yaoan County.

The 30 people who were seriously injured were being treated in hospital there, Xinhua said.

Hundreds of police have also been deployed to provide assistance, the agency said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8143503.stm
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby AllanF on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:33 pm

It never rain but it pores in China! Fingers crossed the rescue effort is as quick and efficient as it was last year in Sichuan.
AllanF

Postby bailewen on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:45 am

My wife woke up in the middle of the night saying she felt and earthquake that night.

I couldn't feel a damn thing but I grew up in California. Anything less that 6.0 and I sleep right through it. Xi'an is so far from Yunan that over here it probably felt like a large truck driving by or maybe just a large SUV even but after the Sichuan quake she's become more sensitive than a seismograph.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic