Squandered Potential

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Squandered Potential

Postby Bill on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:49 am

Man, I see in Rum Soaked Fist forum the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: Squandered Potential

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:17 am

Bad morning Bill?

Fetch wood, carry water. That is the ONLY way. :)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:48 am

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Brady on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:16 am

fight club right?
Brady
Wuji

Postby Bill on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:20 am

right, modified for this place. ;/)
One of my favorite movies.

One last quote..

Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:21 am

I really, truly believe that the best thing we can do is remain calm and try and be positive, even in the face of all this adversity.

It's really our only chance. Positivity guys...otherwise they win.

I've been really depressed for the last couple of years about all this stuff and worried about the world his kid gets to live in and can't do it anymore. Make your own life and the lives of those around you better. Be kind and all that. We need as much of that as we can possibly dish out.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:58 am

As for the first quote saying that we have no great war, no great depression, don't worry, that's right around the corner.
Chris Fleming

Postby Bär on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:51 pm

I've seen the best cereals of my generation go soggy in milk.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby kreese on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:49 am

I've lit a fire and grilled my dinner 4 out of the past 5 days. I eat like a caveman and feel like a king.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby bigphatwong on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:20 am

Bill wrote:Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation.

Well, one out of two ain't bad. ;)
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:32 am

excessive masturbation will only pain your taint.

and your vajayjay.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:55 pm

that kid in your avatar probably had one hell of a painful taint after the incident portrayed!
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Heh, heh. Fight Club is a great movie. I'm living rather outside the system myself. Selling my belongings to make enough money to cover my basic bills, practicing Kung Fu, sleeping late, hanging at cafes, broke as hell but free as a bird. Kind of a trade-off, but it's been nice in it's own way. I may be moving on from Cali in a month or so, we'll see.

Kinda thinking of selling my motorcycle so as to have food money and hitchhiking/ bussing around the US. Anyone wanna have me swing by their place for a visit when/ if this happens? Lemme know... ;)
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:56 pm

qiphlow wrote:that kid in your avatar probably had one hell of a painful taint after the incident portrayed!

I've nicknamed him "bernie"

last name "stompedcrotch"
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:58 pm

well bill, this white collar slave just told his boss how he sucked at his job; the accountants he listen to are really just bean counters, and he should stop telling me what they say cos they really know shit about the trade.

Singapore's only authorised aston martin workshop is just next door to my office and let me tell you not all consumerism is bad heh heh.
but i know what you mean - i'm a warrior, not a fecking consumer for crying out loud!!!!!
Last edited by Strange on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic