where our cat`s souls are goin`?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

where our cat`s souls are goin`?

Postby wiesiek on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:59 am

Because RSF has a big group of cats friends...:

One of my familly cats died 2 days ago,
i was all the time with him...
very touchy experience
particulary that he was all his life/and death :'( / very "human" in his behaivoir - and still is really like close friend;
so
question about soul quest of our animals became important for me

I never dig in such sbject
what do you think?

any info from THE sourse?
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Re: where our cat`s souls are goin`?

Postby bigphatwong on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

Sorry to hear it man. :/ As a lifelong cat lover I'd be interested in this as well. I know the Egyptians used to consider them guardians of the other world or something...
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:46 am

time to shave your eyebrows off and pray to Bastet.

sorry for your loss. Losing our fuzzy companions is a drag everytime. :(
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:49 am

sorry for you loss
i am sure its with Ceiling Cat now
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby bigphatwong on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:50 am

A quote from Pineapple Express, to cheer you up...

Red: Do you know what today is?
Saul: Tuesday.
Red: This is my cat's birthday today.
Dale Denton: I don't see a cat in here. I'm sorry. Did you let it out by accident?
Red: No, because he died three months ago, okay? So now who's the funny guy?
Dale Denton: I'm sorry?
Red: Today is his birthday and it is a tradition that on his birthday I get up extra early and make him his favorite kind of dessert.
Saul: Don't worry, bro. Your cat's going to heaven.
Red: Yeah, maybe. Maybe he went to heaven. He was a little fucker. He could've gone to hell.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:03 am

I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:48 am

wiesiek wrote:Because RSF has a big group of cats friends...:

One of my familly cats died 2 days ago,
i was all the time with him...
very touchy experience
particulary that he was all his life/and death :'( / very "human" in his behaivoir - and still is really like close friend;
so
question about soul quest of our animals became important for me

I never dig in such sbject
what do you think?

any info from THE sourse?

Hey, I can really appreciate what you are saying here. A few months ago my cat died, truly a beloved cat. He DEMANDED that I take him in so I see it as he adopted me. It was like he understood english, among other "human"-like behaviors. Back when I would practice drills on trees, he would come up right there and sharpen his claws on the tree, like he was practicing with me. It was really amazing, and therefore really sad to see him go.

Here's a poem that made me cry when I read it:

Farewell, Master, yet not farewell,
Where I go, ye, too shall dwell.
I am gone before your face,
A moment's time, a little space.
When ye come where I have stepped
Ye will wonder why ye wept.

--After Death by Edwin Arnold

As for THE source, it isn't specific on this, but based on all the principles in which the Bible has, we can see that God is a God of the living, not of the dead, and therefore does not create in order to simply case away into nothingness. Hope that helps.
Chris Fleming

Postby chud on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:08 am

It is hard to lose a good pet. My condolences...
chud
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:22 am

ceiling cat has your cat now. ceiling cat will take care of him now.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Bob on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:33 pm

Pay attention to your dreams---the mystery always remains.

Not directly related to animals you might find the following comforting:

Bereavement Dreaming and the Individuating Soul (Paperback)

Product Description
When you lose a loved one, the experience is both mythical and personal. Grubbs explores the archetypal aspect of the death experience in the myth of Gilgamesh and his quest for his lost friend and the meaning of life. The personal aspect arises in the particular healing path you take. Both realms blend in the dream space where you may encounter your lost beloved. Here you can find comfort and renewal as well as participate in your beloved's own growth along his or her own soul journey. Grubbs presents several personal stories of people who have worked through their grief by discovering and using the soul's wisdom hidden in their dreams. Her description of Mexico's Day of the Dead celebration provides an insightful example of how other cultures accept death as part of the life process. She includes suggestions to help you catch your dreams and honor them and your departed loved one so you can grow in a healthy direction from the experience.

About the Author
Geri Grubbs, Ph.D., wife, mother, and grandmother, is also a practicing Jungian analyst in the town of Woodinville, Washington. She is a graduate of the C. G. Jung Institute in Zurich and is a board member of the North Pacific Institute for Analytical Psychology. She has been practicing depth psychology since 1987 and is an experienced worshop and seminar leader. In addition to working with adults experiencing life in transition, spiritual crises, bereavement, and other emotional problems, she works with children and families.

By Dr. Marie Blanchard (Fremont, California) - See all my reviews

This is a wonderful book for the person trying to find their way through the maelstrom of emotion following the death of a loved one. Everyone who has experienced the helplessness, guilt, bewilderment, and anguish inherent in the condition knows how difficult it is to find purpose or meaning in the suffering; this in spite of the well-meaning attempts of outsiders to give comfort.
Dr. Grubbs work enables the bereaved person to begin to understand the process and work actively to emerge more whole and complete. Her use of the story of Gilgamesh and her use of ancient Egyptian story and symbol are especially beautiful (and useful).

Comment Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? Yes No (Report this)
By Dan Chambers (Bothell , WA USA) - See all my reviews

A primer on accepting the wholeness of life to include death, a fascinating subject that I have no knowledge of- though perhaps understanding- now. Obviously meant for those who have experienced loss but not limited to only they. I'm looking forward to reading more from her.

http://www.amazon.com/Bereavement-Dream ... 248&sr=1-1

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I had 4 cats and had one put to sleep [cute way of easing the pain. LOL] 2 years back---months later I experienced the pain of loss---every night when I came home from teaching, Karli, would be sitting on the porch waiting for me---she was abandoned by next door neighbors during their move---they took her kittens but left Karli there---not fixed either!

Karli lived a decent life with us for about a year or so---lived outside on the deck, through the winter---we padded a covered litter box and then put it into an igloo dog house---the wind never penetrated her home---one day her back limbs started dragging---our vet couldn't tell what was wrong and sent us to a speciality center for rare cases---after waiting 2 hours the vet said it was getting worse and had no idea what the cause or cure would be unless they did a $6,000 dollar spinal tap and that was no guarantee---we signed the papers and she was administered the candy---only regret is I wish I would have kept her ashes, an option which I turned down on an unreflected whim.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby gosao on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:26 pm

I don't have cat's but I have other pets. It's always hard to lose one. My condolences.

Here's something I found before, not sure where.

The Man was very sad. He knew that the Cat’s days were numbered.The doctor had said there wasn’t anything more that could be done,that he should take the Cat home and make him as comfortable as possible.
   The man stroked the Cat on his lap and sighed.The Cat opened his eyes, purred and looked up at the Man. A tear rolled down the Man’s cheek and landed on the Cat’s forehead.The Cat gave him a slightly annoyed look.
  “Why do you cry, Man?”the Cat asded.“Because you can’t bear the thought of losing me? Because you think you can never replace me?”The Man nodded “yes.”
  “And where do you think I’ll be when I leave you?”the Cat asked. The Man shrugged helplessly. “Close your eyes, Man,” the Cat said. The Man gave him a questioning look, but did as he was told.
  “What color are my eyes and fur?” the Cat asked. “Your eyes are gold and your fur is a rich, warm brown,” the Man replied.
  “And where is it that you most often see me?”asked the Cat. “I see you…on the kitchen windowsill watching the birds…on my favorite chair6on my desk lying on the papers I need…on the pillow next to my head at night.” “Then, whenever you wish to see me, all you must do is close your eyes,” said the Cat.
  “Pick up that piece of string from the floor——there, my ‘toy.’” The Man opened his eyes, then reached over and picked up the string. It was about two feet long and the Cat had been able to entertain himself for hours with it. “Now take each end of the string in one hand,” the Cat ordered. The Man did so.
  “The end in your left hand is my birth and the end in your right hand is my death. Now bring the two ends together,” the Cat said. The Man complied.
  “You have made a continuous circle,” said the cat.“Does any point along the string appear to be different, worse or better than any other part of the string?” The Man inspected the string and then shook his head “no.”
  “Close your eyes again,” the Cat said.“Now lick your hand.” The Man widened his eyes in surprise.
  “Just do it,” the Cat said.“Lick your hand,think of me in all my familiar places, think about all the pieces of string.”
  The Man felt foolish, licking his hand, but he did as he was told. He discovered what a cat must know, that licking a paw is very calming and allows one to think more clearly. He continued licking and the corners of his mouth turned upward into the first smile he had shown in days. He waited for the Cat to tell him to stop,and when he didn’t, he opened his eyes. The Cat’s eyes were closed.The Man stroked the warm, brown fur, but the Cat was gone.
  The Man shut his eyes hard as the tears poured down his face. He saw the Cat on the windowsill, then in his bed, then lying across his important papers. He saw him on the pillow next to his head, saw his bright gold eyes and darkest brown on his nose and ears. He opened his eyes and through his tears looked over at the circle of string he still held clutched in his hand.
  One day, not long after, there was a new Cat on his lap. She was a lovely calico and white…very different from his earlier beloved Cat and very much the same
gosao
Huajing

Postby cerebus on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:33 pm

I love Fong's post... ;D
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby fuga on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:52 pm

A way that helped me when one of our cats died was for me to think about what quality the cat left for me that I could bring into my life. Upon reflection, I realized that what she was teaching me about was unconditional love. So I see her loss as something that continues to enrich my life.

With the current cat, however, the lesson seems to be the squeaky wheel gets heard. :)
fuga
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:43 am

Fong - its amazing that you posted my cat face :o

gosao - i belive in circular patern of death/live too,
wonder about place and possibility of "upgrades" our pets souls...

i think, that soul of our beloved animal is strongly connected all the time with our path

thx ,
i apreciated every post
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:55 am

Chris,
by "source" i`ve been referring to "Akascha Chronicle" /archetipic memorys of all livi`n creatures/
or
direct connetion with:
"Devine Shadow
Devine Light,"
or
mayby "dry shit on the stick"
whatever name of knowledgable been may be..

thx
Last edited by wiesiek on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiesiek
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic