AWKWARD

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: AWKWARD

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:23 am

Wing chun people are awkward to begin with. I took it many years ago cause they used the 'quick way to learn to fight, and its Bruce lee's first martial art." but the group acted like a total cult and that they acted like they were superiour to all martial artists.

Everytime this one Wing chun guy on Facebook says he is taking this wing chun to the next level- i reply "so your taking up Muay thai now?"
neijia_boxer

Postby Bhassler on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:54 pm

neijia_boxer wrote:Wing chun people are awkward to begin with ...[snip]... the group acted like a total cult and that they acted like they were superiour to all martial artists.

And this differentiates them from any other group of martial artists... how?
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:19 pm

Bhassler wrote: neijia_boxer wrote:Wing chun people are awkward to begin with ...[snip]... the group acted like a total cult and that they acted like they were superiour to all martial artists.

And this differentiates them from any other group of martial artists... how?

I've been to many chinese martial arts schools and they never would put down other martial arts styles they are more concerned with doing the hard work. The particular wing chun school- the sifu had people thinking his first name was 'Sifu' when its actually a title, and that if you gave him cash money in the little red envelopes they give to children at chinese new year, that your kung fu would get better. This he called 'lucky money' and i thought it was a joke, i'd been to many other schools and there was no such thing as lucky money.
neijia_boxer

Postby Joe L. on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:36 pm

neijia_boxer wrote:
Everytime this one Wing chun guy on Facebook says he is taking this wing chun to the next level- i reply "so your taking up Muay thai now?"

;D awesome. There really aren't enough martial art one-line zingers.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic