Hells Kitchen Fight

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Hells Kitchen Fight

Postby Bill on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:31 pm

" I ain't no bitch "
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: Hells Kitchen Fight

Postby Bill on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:35 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Douche.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Dammit! I wanted to see that asshole blond dude get his butt kicked! Fucker...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:30 pm

It could have been a good fight. Chef Ram(whatever) used to play rugby and still does as a hobby so he has a bit of the tough going for him and the kid has youth and spunk. Zuffa make it happen!
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby fuga on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:43 pm

I wanted to see the meat cleavers come out.

Maybe that kid will call Mayhem Miller and get Ramsay on Bully Beatdown.
fuga
Great Old One

Postby AllanF on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:07 pm

Bill wrote:It could have been a good fight. Chef Ram(whatever) used to play rugby and still does as a hobby so he has a bit of the tough going for him and the kid has youth and spunk. Zuffa make it happen!

Football he played for Glasgow Rangers in his youth, but didn't make the grade.
I for one would love to see him get the crap kicked out of him, he's an asswipe
AllanF

Postby meeks on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:19 pm

I used to hate Ramsay but after seeing him on Kitchen Nightmares I realize he's just trying to bring out the best in people by 'trial by fire'. That guy WAS a douchebag and got pissy because he didn't answer the question Ramsay asked and Ramsay called him on it.
in a nutshell:
Ramsay: ok, douchebag. give me 2 people and tell me why you'd get rid of them.
douche: 2 guys. they know who they are and why
Ramsay: what? answer the question
douche: That guy and that guy - they know why
Ramsay: how about you tell me why
douche: that guy, because he was acting all bad-ass outside the kitchen in a meeting...(had nothing to do with cooking problems in the kitchen)
Ramsay: you still haven't answered the question...
douche: fuck you. and fuck you. and fuck all of you.

all he had to say was 'the guy burned the fish' or 'the guy always forgets to turn the oven on'. how fucking hard is it to come out and say what he did wrong (unless it because you feel everyone's a prick and you can select them because you don't like their deodorant...) ?
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby bailewen on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:47 pm

I have only seen that show like once or twice and I fucking loved it.

Anyone who thinks that Ramsey is an asshole has never worked in a real restaurant. I'll admit that there are a couple or restaurants run by actual human's out there but most of the busier one's are run by illegal immigrants from Mordor and they hate humans.

One time I remember waiting by the heat lamp to pick up food for a table of 5 and the manager happens to cruise by and sees me standing there staring at 4 plates of food getting stale under the lamp. He bellows out, "WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU TAKING THIS SHIT OUT THERE!!!" Having been scared witless by him before to the point of completely forgetting what was going on and telling him the wrong table number for something which led to even more screaming....I kept my cool this time and managed to tell him, politely, "I'm still waiting on a lobster thermador".

Next thing I know he's behind the line screaming, "WHERE'S THE MOTHERFUCKING THERMADOR FOR TABLE 27!!!"

The food shows up quickly and I run it out to the table. When I come back in the kitchen he corners me again and bellows, "Omar......."

"Yes?", I respond.

"That....was the right answer....", he continues.

Oh yeah, and that last time when I got cussed out for giving the wrong table number when asked what table I was picking up for...after the whole thing was over one he says to me, "Hey man. He wasn't really angry. I didn't hear him call you a cocksucker even once."

:)

That's what it's like back in the kitchen of most of the busier restaurants I have worked at. And yes, I've seen fights break out in the kitchen before too.
Last edited by bailewen on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Hey what's the name of the spin off show where he basically comes in to some really shitty restaurant and fixes it?
www.xiangwuhui.com

bailewen
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Yeah, I know what kitchen work is like. Why anyone would want to do that for a living is entirely beyond my comprehension... :P
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:00 pm

question:
Hey what's the name of the spin off show where he basically comes in to some really shitty restaurant and fixes it?

answer:
I used to hate Ramsay but after seeing him on Kitchen Nightmares I realize he's just trying to bring out the best in people by 'trial by fire'.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby bailewen on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:26 pm

Oh yeah. "Kitchen Nightmares". Not really as catchy a title as "Hell's Kitchen". I have fun watching that one too, especially with my brother in law who is a restaurant manager in a chain and his job used to be basically to go around to various locations and "fix" them.

Why anyone would want to do that for a living is entirely beyond my comprehension...

It's honest work that does not require a college education and if you are good at it, it pays well. I took home about 50 grand one year waiting tables. When I came back to SF 2 years ago to finish my degree I found a job making $150/night in the slow season and over $200 when it was busy. Just a 6 hour shift too. Sadly, that was one of the jobs with a manager who was not an asshole and after about 2 or 3 months, the place closed down. My last night on the job I took home over $300 in tips. That was new years eve though so it was not typical. Thanksgiving was a long shift but I took home more like $350 that night.

Tell me what other job you can get that pays like that where you don't need any special connections to get in the door. Of course, you are more likely to start working at a diner making $50 or $60 a night (that's how I started) but you gotta start somewhere.

Anyways, it's good honest work that pays a decent living wage if you are good at it.
www.xiangwuhui.com

bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Snow on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:35 pm

Yeah, a friend of mine married a French man, and as a handsome guy with a jenuwine French accent waiting tables at a chi-chi French restaurant, he took home more money than she did as director of international sales at an IT company.
Snow
Anjing

Postby cerebus on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:08 pm

Dayum. Didn't realize it was so lucrative. Still, even that kinda cash isn't worth the stress to me, though it sounds like it'd be great if you can put up with it...
cerebus
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic