UFC 101

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: UFC 101

Postby jasonf on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:44 pm

Anderson Silva gets such a bad rap, when was the last time this guy walked out of a fight with even a black eye? and still people try to throw shit at him. UFC throws Griffin at him, probably figured even if he looses he'll get his ass kicked for 3 rounds and put on a show.
Silva hands down, makes him look foolish and all people can say is Griffin took a dive...
Credit where credit is due, this guy is becoming the Mohammed Ali of MMA.
jasonf
Huajing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:44 pm

not saying he dived, just saying he is a lot shittier than silva and that was known before they even entered the ring.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:not saying he dived, just saying he is a lot shittier than silva and that was known before they even entered the ring.

There is only two people in the UFC who can contend with Silva, that is Machida and GSP. Those three are collectively the best fighters in MMA in my opinion short of Fedor. Which I think even Fedor would have a hell of a time with Machida or Silva's striking.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Joe L. on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:08 pm

DeusTrismegistus wrote:
Darth Rock&Roll wrote:not saying he dived, just saying he is a lot shittier than silva and that was known before they even entered the ring.

There is only two people in the UFC who can contend with Silva, that is Machida and GSP. Those three are collectively the best fighters in MMA in my opinion short of Fedor. Which I think even Fedor would have a hell of a time with Machida or Silva's striking.

Whats funny is I'm fairly sure I read Machida is Silva's training partner, or at least trains in the same gym as himself. I wonder how much they are able to use one another to keep raising their skills.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:14 pm

Considering they're far and away the best, the training must do a lot.

Also, in one of the promo videos, they showed Anderson playing soccer and his footwork was amazing. He coulda probably made it in a lot of different pro sports.

Also, GSP is supposedly wanting to train with Machida. Gotta give him credit for being a "student of the game".
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Joe L. on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:26 pm

Everything-
Was that the video where they showed the rubber ball training he did for footwork/agility? I'm going to have to steal that drill for sure.
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby XiaoXiong on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:21 pm

Link please??
J
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to the heart.
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby Butterball on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Man, the sparring sessions those two must have! When Dana white suggested that Machida would be a possible fight for Silva, Silva made it very clear in a number of interviews that he would never fight Machida as they are really close, like brothers. That would be an amazing fight to watch, but I have alot of respect for that comraderie and respect that they have for each other.
Butterball
Great Old One

Postby Joe L. on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Butterball wrote:Man, the sparring sessions those two must have! When Dana white suggested that Machida would be a possible fight for Silva, Silva made it very clear in a number of interviews that he would never fight Machida as they are really close, like brothers. That would be an amazing fight to watch, but I have alot of respect for that camaraderie and respect that they have for each other.

I've never seen those interviews, there goes that hope. Thanks for killing my dreams, Josh ;D

You really do have to admire that kind of heart and loyalty that must run through that gym to have them form a kind of bond like that, even after beating on each other day after day. If only Brazil was a bit closer to Pa...
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby Kurt Robbins on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:56 am

Then what's the point in moving to the 205lb catagory - to beat people he knows he can beat?
Machida is the only thing in that weight catagory that poses any challenege to him.
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby Bill on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:11 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:17 pm

Joe L. wrote:Everything-
Was that the video where they showed the rubber ball training he did for footwork/agility? I'm going to have to steal that drill for sure.

don't think I saw that one. this one was just him playing soccer, looked like with his kids in the backyard. no link handy now. will check later...
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic