Absolute A-holes.....

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Absolute A-holes.....

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:53 am

fisherman wrote:
Snow wrote:I need to go live in my own little world, Snowland, where things like this don't happen.

Mind if me and my family join you?

In all honesty, I think thats the same base reason people smoke crack.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:46 am

I hear that this is a big problem right now, lots of people are stealing livestock off of farms and ranches.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:31 pm

TaoJoannes wrote:
fisherman wrote:
Snow wrote:I need to go live in my own little world, Snowland, where things like this don't happen.

Mind if me and my family join you?

In all honesty, I think thats the same base reason people smoke crack.

I agree with this. I think a lot of the "ills" of modern society are symptoms & results of it's (the social construct) effects on the human psyche.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:57 pm

In Chanchuland rustlers and horse thieves are caught and hung from a hangin tree until dead..

Judge Roy continued, his voice almost quaking with the solemnity of the occasion, "you been tried by twelve true and good men, not men of yore peers, but as high above you as heaven is of hell; and they've said you're guilty of rustlin' cattle.
"Time will pass and seasons will come and go; Spring with its wavin' green grass and heaps of sweet-smellin' flowers on every hill and in every dale. Then will come sultry Summer, with her shimmerin' heat-waves on the baked horizon; and Fall, with her yeller harvest-moon and the hills growin' brown and golden under a sinkin' sun; and finally Winter, with its bitin', whinin' wind, and all the land will be mantled with snow. But you won't be here to see any of 'em, not by a dam' sight, because it's the order of this court that you be took to the nearest tree and hanged by the neck till you're dead, dead, dead, you G.D son-of-a-billy-goat!"
Last edited by Chanchu on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby Iskendar on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:33 am

Joe L. wrote:
Chris McKinley wrote:We've got people in Miami, Florida recently who have a horse flesh ring going. They're sneaking up to horse ranchers' property and butchering the horses for meat on the spot. If I weren't as public or as married, I'd take 30 days and a couple of buddies and completely eliminate the problem permanently without anybody ever realizing how it happened.

Feel free to form and train a group of us who aren't as married or as public to do like wise.

Hurting something with no way to fight back or a true understanding of why the violence is happening is inexcusable. There is just no excuse nor any forgiveness for such things.

So you're a vegetarian? Would you react the same if the original statement was : "They're sneaking up to cow ranchers' property and butchering the cows for meat on the spot"? Sure, it's a crime (trespassing and theft), and it's somewhat nasty, but forming a vigilante over that is stretching it. You USians are weird about horses. We, OTOH, just eat them ;D

P.S. That trailer thing OTOH, is awful. Assholes indeed.
I.
Iskendar
Wuji

Postby Joe L. on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Iskendar wrote:
Joe L. wrote:
Chris McKinley wrote:We've got people in Miami, Florida recently who have a horse flesh ring going. They're sneaking up to horse ranchers' property and butchering the horses for meat on the spot. If I weren't as public or as married, I'd take 30 days and a couple of buddies and completely eliminate the problem permanently without anybody ever realizing how it happened.

Feel free to form and train a group of us who aren't as married or as public to do like wise.

Hurting something with no way to fight back or a true understanding of why the violence is happening is inexcusable. There is just no excuse nor any forgiveness for such things.

So you're a vegetarian? Would you react the same if the original statement was : "They're sneaking up to cow ranchers' property and butchering the cows for meat on the spot"? Sure, it's a crime (trespassing and theft), and it's somewhat nasty, but forming a vigilante over that is stretching it. You USians are weird about horses. We, OTOH, just eat them ;D

P.S. That trailer thing OTOH, is awful. Assholes indeed.

It must relate to how we are all cowboys deep down here. Cowboys love their horses, man. Oddly enough, no so much do the cowboys care about the cows..

In all seriousness though, no, I am not a vegetarian and would equally find people sneaking up to cows to slaughter them for meat just as disturbing as any other animal. I'd like to believe regular ''slaughterhouses'' use more humane ways than these random bunch of thieves would, so there is some difference to me. I could be wrong though, but luckily we all have the right to be wrong ;)

Now, off with you to your odd land of horse eating folk, we USians need to get back to important vigilante matters.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby Iskendar on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Joe L. wrote: Now, off with you to your odd land of horse eating folk, we USians need to get back to important vigilante matters.

Yeah, I know, it's like eating dogs I guess... We're the Chinese of the Western world ;D Well, don't just stand there! Put on that cape and brightly colored underwear, and go vigilante (is that a verb?)!!!!
I.
Iskendar
Wuji

Postby edededed on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:31 pm

That is just awful... :(
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:02 pm

Iskendar wrote:You USians are weird about horses. We, OTOH, just eat them ;D

Shadowfax, noooooo :'(