The people you voted for

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The people you voted for

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:13 pm

Shit like this makes me want to start voting again. She would just be replaced by another person who would do the same thing philosophically but at least he or she may have the sense not to do it in front of everyone.
Last edited by Chris Fleming on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Fleming

Re: The people you voted for

Postby Ian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Nah Chris you are in the world but not of the world. Real Christians don't get involved in worldy politics and all that.
Ian

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Sure, because having a personal opinion about something and hating injustice automatically makes me a social reformer, married to worldly politics and the system itself. Right.

Next!
Chris Fleming

Postby Ian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Haha I love the way you shut people down. "Sure, sure, right, yeah, right." :D

Anyway I don't understand how voting counts as being "not of this world". You wrote this, didn't you?

It is not the job of Christianity or anything else to reform business or the world. I know this won't make sense, but just as the Lord did not come to be a social reformer, Christians should not be married to the world and worldly politics in attempts to "reform".

Anyway, just messing with you, dude ;D
Ian

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:03 pm

Well when I encounter the passive-aggressive I tend to give back passive-aggressive. :)

Anyway, I don't believe that I said that voting or not voting equals being not involved in the worldly system. Doesn't really make sense, as I was talking about attempts at business and or social reform.

I think what you were talking about (maybe?) MY lack of voting. I personally don't care if people, Christian or otherwise, vote or not. My not voting had nothing to do with my spiritual beliefs. All politicians lie. Voting for one over another just gives you a different dishonest politician. I do however like to point out instances where this is that case though, which is what I am doing here. Case in point: the Democrat in the above clip. Dems were voted in because of "HOPE" and "CHANGE", which is how the political pendulum is moving right now. Truth of the matter is that such politicians in office now are no better than ones who were kicked out. That's why I don't vote. But that lady in the clip was just brazenly rude!
Chris Fleming

Postby Ian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Anyway:

8-)
Ian

Return to Off the Topic