Dojo Storm Fail

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Dojo Storm Fail

Postby cerebus on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:23 pm

There was an article in the Washington Post as well...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:55 pm

Bhassler wrote:
Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Seriously though, some of us just don't give a shit about the vid.

Well apparently you care enough to make it to page 8 or 12 or wherever this is in the thread. Just sayin'....

As far as the video being fake or not, often fake violence looks much more realistic than the real thing on video. Camera's don't have depth perception, so the fake stuff uses it to advantage while the real stuff doesn't have that luxury. That doesn't prove anything one way or the other relative to this video, but it's best not to rely upon close examination of interweb video for any sort of meaningful conclusion about pretty much anything.

No, I care more about being put to task because of my views. my view of it hasn't changed.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:21 am

Bill wrote:re: the 200 lb meat-head breaking the arm of a skinny Kung Fu guy

The situations are not even close.
The skinny Kung Fu guy was a kung-fu instructor had made a $10,000 challenge to any MMA'ist who would accept a no holds barred match. The match was accepted by John Marsh and took place at the instructors school.
It was not a beatdown of a retarded person but a match between two legit martial artists. One of whom couldn't fight very well. I understand that the kung-fu instructor congratulated his opponent after the match and no hard feelings exist between the two men.

Is that this one?

Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic