Binaural Beats

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Binaural Beats

Postby Walk the Torque on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:22 pm

I was going to throw this into off topic but it has become part of my training now.........

After I practice in the mornings I spend twenty minutes in sitting meditation; or I did until, oh about a month ago, when I downloaded a binaural beats application to my I-Phone. They are really good in conjunction with some of the meditations I do; and seemed to let me get deeper into the relaxation and softness.

For those of you not familiar http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats

and for those who are, what experiences have you had using binaural beats?
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Re: Binaural Beats

Postby TaoJoannes on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:02 pm

Used to use a binaural beat generator to help me sleep when I was travelling and when I was first beginning to dabble in meditation. It seems to work.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:17 am

A friend of mine uses a similar thing for his meditation and he said it helped him a lot.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:01 am

I used CD's and such devices until I learned to do it on my own through self-hypnosis. For the last 13 years since then, I've made that a part of my nightly routine for going to sleep as well as to turbo-charge my zhan zhuang sessions.
Chris McKinley

Postby I am... on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:15 am

What frequencies have you guys worked with, and what brainwave states are you wishing to trigger? I wasn't familiar with Binaural Beats prior to this post that I can recall.
http://www.appliedcombat.com

"Once you have firmly decided that you face certain death, overwhelming thoughts of fear will be exhausted in your mind..."
-Hirayama Shiryu-
I am...
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:51 am

Monroe Institute was using this stuff for out of body experimentation.
roger hao

Postby TaoJoannes on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:31 am

I am... wrote:What frequencies have you guys worked with, and what brainwave states are you wishing to trigger? I wasn't familiar with Binaural Beats prior to this post that I can recall.

It's been a while, but I think it was 3-11 hz, depending on what you were looking for, sleep or "the awakened mind". Doing 7.83 is supposed to put you in sync with the natural resonance of the earth, fwiw.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:49 am

roger hao wrote:Monroe Institute was using this stuff for out of body experimentation.

That's what my friend is into as well (that, and more...)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:02 pm

Dimitri-
I am totally convinced regards Remote Viewing - they made
several predictions in the 90's - all have come true. What more?
The Monroe is tied to Remote Viewing and CIA. People have gone and met dead relatives etc.
roger hao

Postby wiesiek on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:58 am

darth vader thing,

one session with peyotle can kick you better in proper direction, than tons of wires and transistors
but
as usual - not everything for everyone
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby yusuf on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:57 am

wiesiek wrote:darth vader thing,

one session with peyotle can kick you better in proper direction, than tons of wires and transistors
but
as usual - not everything for everyone

abolutely agree, but this binaural thing does work to an extent...

I downloaded the iphone app and having been playing for the last two days... around 7hz definitely puts the brain in a meditative state similar to doing no mind or such like... but i have found some problems with it though..

after five minutes or so the head begins to get very hot... normally in my meditation the heat circulates everywhere... also i found differnt parts of the body start manifesting sensations dependent on the frequency chosen... this did not feel right compared to the normal feelings from inside the body..

main problem .... In my normal sound meditation one receives the sound. WIth this it feels like the brain is actually having to do work to construct someting externa to itself, it feels like a sense of projection outwards..

experiment continues but I would agree with Wiesek and suggest taking peyote once, then follow a normal meditation path..:)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 am

why not try the binaural beats on peyote?
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:52 am

enough stuff comes out using peyote.. s'best to do it on it's own, and with shamans cause they'll see th esigns you are flipping and bring you back :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Walk the Torque on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:43 pm

yusuf wrote:[

main problem .... In my normal sound meditation one receives the sound. WIth this it feels like the brain is actually having to do work to construct someting externa to itself, it feels like a sense of projection outwards..

experiment continues but I would agree with Wiesek and suggest taking peyote once, then follow a normal meditation path..:)

Hi Yusuf,

This is a really good observation. After going back to plain ol' watching the breath, it feels much more natural and effortless. I am still interested to explore these beats though, with a few to finding a good mind state and then trying to reproduce it on my own.

I have been concentrating on relaxation and theta waves for the moment, and found some nice results. I am going to check out the alpha waves next week and see how they go. I'll post on this again.

All the best

Conn
Last edited by Walk the Torque on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby TrainingDummy on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:52 pm

I-mon wrote:why not try the binaural beats on peyote?

Receiving visions in a drug induced state carries serious health risks, as I'm sure you know.

Why not work with a meditation school or spiritual tradition that offers training in spiritual vision?
TrainingDummy
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic