Binaural Beats

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Binaural Beats

Postby Walk the Torque on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:48 am

Yeah nice post matt, but I caould never be that sure of what will happen to certain people or what their personal needs are. Some people need to loose in order to gain if you know what I mean. One thing for sure though; if for some reason you totally loose control of your mind and truly have no idea what is happening to you :o then it can become so frightening as to lead to some long term mental distortions, that if not handled with care and sensitivity (and we know there is heaps of that around in the world ::) ) one could find themselves in a padded room because of .........well probably the most powerful piece of paper around ; where they strip you of all rights and freedom, even though you might only have been be periodically divorced from reality.

In the words of the great JW, "are you scare yet?"

That is the reason I don't take that stuff. You really never know when the old mental defenses might shatter into a thousand pieces that lacerate you as you try to pick them up and put the puzzle back together again.

And wiesiek my freind,

I think you might be mistaken about the weed. If suck on something that has been grown with the new science and fed on smack/LSD or just continuous light, it can create effects so strong it is only by the grace of luck and percentages that one walks away unscathed.

Sorry didn't mean to Bum you out ;D I really enjoyed my young, experimental days, armoured with the gift of innocence. I'm younger than that now ;)
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:23 am

Walk
i don`t feel burned at all
just think, your words:
..."you totally loose control of your mind and truly have no idea what is happening to you :o then it can become so frightening as to lead to some long term mental distortions, that if not handled with care and sensitivity.."

this is THE reason that peoples quit internal training /meditation/
they dont have idea that door just opened itself...

and one more word about the weed- you cannot be suck to it.
to compare ;
it is like tea, you drink it 10000 days and you can quit at once in day 10001, no problems at all
so
you are free all the time to make corrections/change as you will
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Walk the Torque on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:34 am

Bum not Burn...........Eyes Dry? ;D
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:36 am

p.s
to make myself more clear:
i do not advocate to take a trip instead of trainings

aha
and Walk don`t let you be fooled by stupid anti drugs propaganda:RE:
..."If suck on something that has been grown with the new science and fed on smack/LSD or just continuous light, it can create effects so strong it is only by the grace of luck and percentages that one walks away unscathed."... :o
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:38 am

Walk the Torque wrote:Bum not Burn...........Eyes Dry? ;D

Nope..
Visine always in my pocket! ;) :D
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby bailewen on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:40 am

Don't know about "deepening" the experience but I have been using BrainWave Generator (a free program) and also Brain Sound Studio (not so free) for several years now. Both have been extremely helpful with establishing an early morning training habit as my natural tendency is to be a night owl. Using sleep inductions really really helps with my tendency towards insomnia.

I have also found other patterns help with dream recollection. I normally do not remember my dreams more than once or twice a year but if I go to sleep with the right program droning it goes up to about once or twice a week.

I find it pretty much impossible to have a decent taiji training session during the day and am often very frustrated when I sleep in and miss the "magic hour". Putting on some earphones with a nice theta wave drone allows me to shut out the outside world and drop right into "the zone" even in mid day after half a pot of coffee.

Lastly, I really suck at meditation but again, with a theta wave drone I seem to be able to settle in for 20 minutes or so without agitation. I really like them, especially the theta waves. It just seems to shut out the distractions and let me turn my attention inwards.
=======================================================================================
p.s.
it is like tea, you drink it 10000 days and you can quit at once in day 10001, no problems at all
Damn straight.
I was smoking about an 8th a week right up to when I left for China. I'm talking about the $60/8th that is hydroponically grown so that the whole 8th is a single bud sometimes. The only "withdrawal" I experienced was the occasional late night stroll when it maybe was raining a little so the Xi'an pollution was kind of gone for a bit and I'd think wistfully to myself, "Man...a joint would be really nice about now....."
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Walk the Torque on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:47 am

Anyway I tried Beta waves for increased intellegence, focus and memory.............I've had a very busy couple of days .....quite stimulating.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby mrtoes on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:11 am

God I could do with some increased intelligence, focus and memory at work... I'm not sure the mp3s I downloaded are doing a lot for me though apart from making me feel a bit sleepy. Perhaps the compression artifacts mess up the effect. I'll try the program Omar suggested...
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby ppscat on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:13 am

mrtoes wrote:FWIW I checked out some "isochronic tones" and they sounded like someone playing with a low frequency oscillator with hippy birdsong in the background. Binaural beats are way less annoying though they make my brain feel a bit (more) fuzzy :)

I'm trying Void, it doesn't go as deep as in a normal meditation, but it brings me quickly back to focus when thoughts arise.

http://iso-tones.com/tones.html

ppscat
Anjing

Postby Walk the Torque on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:19 am

Hi Omar, thanks for your insights.

I had a break through with the relaxation that really helped with my connections in bagua. The connections were there, but I was more able to relax into them, if that makes sense?

I also had to have a tooth pulled yesterday, and I'm sure the beats have helped with my concentration. I spent the entire time in the chair going through the latest palm change I'm working on. It was a strangely pleasent experience, because I was enjoying the effects of "walking through the form". It had a physical effect on my relaxation and an emotional effect that produced a kind of happy feeling. I'm not putting it all down to the beats, but I recognised the mental space I was in as being similar to my post morning meditation period.

I'm going to try some lucid dreaming with the beats and see how it goes.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby Walk the Torque on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:21 am

mrtoes wrote:God I could do with some increased intelligence, focus and memory at work... I'm not sure the mp3s I downloaded are doing a lot for me though apart from making me feel a bit sleepy. Perhaps the compression artifacts mess up the effect. I'll try the program Omar suggested...

Lots of factors I suppose. You might just be tired :)
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby TrainingDummy on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:25 pm

For those posters who endorse recreational drugs as part of their practice, I've started a new thread and would invite you to participate.

Recreational drugs and spiritual training

Dummy
TrainingDummy
Great Old One

Postby Walk the Torque on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:07 am

didn't have a great deal of time for increase inteligence beats this week co's my car broke down; but I had a really bad headache yesteray and guess what?! There is a setting on my mind wave called headache treatment, and it totally worked! It uses low theta and mid alpha frequencies.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby BonesCom on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:12 pm

Wiesiek you sound like a man after my own heart
BonesCom
Huajing

Postby wiesiek on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:34 am

time: today, 5am
place: top of biggest rock in my city
/wild in 3/4 `cause3/4 of circumference is vertical, surrounded by asphalts rivers/
subject: no hearingings of the rural beats
position: ZZ and sinking
NOW
surrounded rural beats became aural
me and beats became bin...
so
today i really get it, i became one with it
no wires and
no herbs involved :)

Bones,
hoppi`n, that it doesn`t blur my image in you heart , ;)
`cause
free -joint-
no harm done
wiesiek
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic