Door To Door Atheists Bother Mormons

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Door To Door Atheists Bother Mormons

Postby TaoJoannes on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:52 am

oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Re: Door To Door Atheists Bother Mormons

Postby grzegorz on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Perfect.

I like the way the Mormons get angry at people preaching at them.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby I-mon on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:49 pm

john saffran is pretty brilliant sometimes.

I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Felipe Bidó on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Tremendous
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:18 am

Having spent 18 years of my life in SLC, youi guys have no idea.

Yes, they send missionaries around in SLC too. What kind of retard do you have to be to get your mission in SLC.

S- glad not to be so close to the mormons, although there's a temple with a golden moroni at the top right down the road.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:20 am

that's fucking awesome. they should do the same thing to the jehovah's witnesses.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:38 am

In context to us, maybe it would serve as well to have mma-ists go round and preach the way of the fist to all the forms factories out there.

:)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Personally, I love baffling them with scripture. So much more exciting to have them walk away going, "uh, but..." with their jaws working like a guppy.

Don't get so much solicitation on the beach. Either they gave up or the force is too strong and they just give in to the decadence.
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Felipe Bidó on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:00 pm

I love to study religions and at one time I spent about 3 months 'living' with a JW couple. When they finally brought the situation of me getting baptized I said I had 3 questions for them that bothered me, and if they could clear them up, I'd be glad to join.

The guy heard the first question, asked me to come back the next week. His answer came from a book, and he made me read it. Then he asked me the second question. And he said he'd like to know the third so he could do "research"...

..and that was the last time they spoke to me.
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Dmitri on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Heh, you're so mean... :)

So, was one of the questions, "What is internal?" ;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Felipe Bidó on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:26 pm

LOL..I wish. That would have made them kick me out the same day.
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby TaoJoannes on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:27 pm

so what are the questions, then?
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Areios on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm

nianfong wrote:that's fucking awesome. they should do the same thing to the jehovah's witnesses.

+1
Areios
Wuji

Postby Felipe Bidó on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:14 pm

I took 3 questions out of many. But knowing how the guy acted, and the parts that he loved in the Bible, I knew he'd want time to think of those three.

The first was: Deuteronomy Chapter 20: 16-17:

20:16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth
20:17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee

I asked him why. I mean, it's God, no?; and it was supposed to be the land that he had given to the people. So why sent the tribe to go there and kill everyone?. God could have sent a plague, or make rain fall upon those tribes, or I don't know, just wipe them out or kick them out. It sounded to me like someone commiting genocide and saying: Well, God told me to.

A week later the guy showe dme a book with that question, and it said that the war was justified, and the typical part about those people being wicked, blablabla.

The second question was about something that happened in Exodus Chapter 4, 22-26:

4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
4:23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.
4:24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.
4:25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
4:26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.

Notice that the text jumps from Moses being cool with God, to God 'meeting' Moses in an inn, and an assasination attempt. It has always seemed to me that there's some text missing there. But the question was, why the violence?. God has to come down, look for Moses and he tries to kill him?. Come on. The guy explained to me that it wasn't God, actually...it was an angel sent to him. I told him I didn't care who did it. He told me he'd check...

(funny that I looked for information on that episode in a series of volumes that the JW have, that could be their 'encyclopedia'. The story is not under Moses info, or his wife; you have to check the book entry about Moses' son...and it just says that is a "dark and unclear episode...no wonder why they put the reference in the info about Moses' son...not many people look for him anyway).

And the third one was the famous "How did Joshua stopped the sun and the moon, if the Sun doesn't move?". Again, he said he'll have the answers ready for our next meeting.

From that moment on, the house was always "empty", and they used to pass me by and act as if I was invisible.
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby TaoJoannes on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:13 pm

awesome.
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic