Pinched Nerve

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Pinched Nerve

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:15 pm

I don't have any problem with my back. Just the area listed. I don't know if that doesn't mean anything or not, but it seems odd that something in my back wouldn't hurt in my back and would make me numb in my calf and foot.

I may be completely wrong though...that's why I'm asking for advice.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:51 pm

it's only one leg, and it's the entire leg that has numbness at varying points right? totally sounds like sciatica, and the pinched nerve being in your lumbar. try the L-shaped thing I was describing mang. it might just help. won't hurt, in any case.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Brady on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:24 pm

pretty common to not feel anything in the back, especially at first, also common to get exactly what you are saying from sleeping in the position you were in (slouched in chair) which is why that was my guess. I agree with fong, that technique is a good start.

I think its also possible to have obstructed a nerve lower down in the leg, but judging by your story much less likely in your case. Hope that helps.
Brady
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:27 pm

yoga teacher did some things to me that were most efficacious. Still not healed, but I have a lot more feeling than I did a couple of hours ago.

Thanks,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic