Big Mommy wants your computer

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Big Mommy wants your computer

Postby Chanchu on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:00 pm

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10320096-38.html

"Internet companies and civil liberties groups were alarmed this spring when a U.S. Senate bill proposed handing the White House the power to disconnect private-sector computers from the Internet.

"They're not much happier about a revised version that aides to Sen. Jay Rockefeller, a West Virginia Democrat, have spent months drafting behind closed doors. CNET News has obtained a copy of the 55-page draft of S.773 (excerpt), which still appears to permit the president to seize temporary control of private-sector networks during a so-called cybersecurity emergency. "

The language has changed but it doesn't contain any real additional limits," EFF's Tien says. "It simply switches the more direct and obvious language they had originally to the more ambiguous (version) *...The designation of what is a critical infrastructure system or network as far as I can tell has no specific process. There's no provision for any administrative process or review. That's where the problems seem to start. And then you have the amorphous powers that go along with it."

"Translation: If your company is deemed "critical," a new set of regulations kick in involving who you can hire, what information you must disclose, and when the government would exercise control over your computers or network. "

This has nothing to do with network defense IMO it is information control.

* Typical Big Mommy tactic

Just say fuck no...
Last edited by Chanchu on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Re: Big Mommy wants your computer

Postby bigphatwong on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:12 pm

You best be handin over that hard drive adobo boy, before I put my custom orthotic in yo ass!
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:38 pm

No way Momma! ;D

"There's no provision for any administrative process or review. That's where the problems seem to start. And then you have the amorphous powers that go along with it."
Last edited by Chanchu on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

did someone mention adobo?
i'll have the chicken adobo, chicken bbq, some fresh lumpia, and some pancit bihon, please. and a big piece of sansrival for dessert. and a cold san miguel to wash it all down.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:21 pm

I've been thinking about that all day- wish I was in the P.I..
A.C. would do- stroll down the street stop into a air conditioned bar cold san mig. Some barbeque manook on a stick as a warm up- then some pancit, lumpia and adobo. Chat with the ganda babae's yeah--
Chicken mami soup in the morning as da cure...

yep..... das da ticket!! ;D
Last edited by Chanchu on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic