Shinjuku Incident

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Shinjuku Incident

Postby Josealb on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:45 pm

Just got this Jacky Chan movie. Is it any good?

After a bit of research, i found out that its not the usual Chan doing his back flips and accidental type fighting. Its a serious movie, with real like violence, in a Noir type context (struggling illegal Chinese immigrants in japan, Yakuza environment, etc). Weird how low profile this movie was.

Ill report afterwards.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Re: Shinjuku Incident

Postby nianfong on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:25 pm

serious movie, no cool fight scenes. meh.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby bailewen on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:12 pm

About a month ago I actually posted a long interview with Jackie Chan about the movie. I just didn't mention the movie specifically because what I thought was more interesting was seeing him be seriously interviewed by a Hong Kong interviewer rather than some bubblehead on a Hollywood promotional tour.

Not sure where the link is though. I'm looking forward to catching the flick. Smart career move on his part. He's getting older and needs to up his acting credentials if he want to keep going through the next 10 or 20 years.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby tastydurian on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:41 pm

I checked it out, it's somewhat of an Asian remake of Scarface. It still has a few script problems, but better than a lot of the mainstream stuff coming out of HK these days. Jackie isn't going to win any awards for his acting, but this one wasn't as laughably bad as the The Myth or Rob-B-Hood.
tastydurian
Anjing

Return to Off the Topic