Time to leave

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Time to leave

Postby Interloper on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:12 pm

John,
Is it because some people finally challenged your opinions about internal training and had some serious credentials to back up what they were saying? That's no reason to leave. Instead, why not open up to pursuing those skills for yourself? I think it would be really valuable for everyone on eF to see how this new knowledge would transform you.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby josh on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:31 pm

:(
I always enjoyed your thoughtful questions and sincere opinions and gained a much deeper understanding and appreciation for shuaijiao from your posts.
通背神拳誰敢擋﹐無影無形無柔剛。兩手捧定千斤法﹐專打邪魔鬼神忙。
josh
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Nothing was said in that thread that hasn't been said to john before.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby JessOBrien on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Interloper wrote:Is it because some people finally challenged your opinions about internal training and had some serious credentials to back up what they were saying?

Hi Interloper, can you give me the credentials of Bodywork? He had some interesting posts but he comes off like he's towering above those who disagree with him. He's far beyond my limited perspective, I'll grant, but I'm curious about his name and training so I can get an idea of where he's coming from. Thanks,

Jess O
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Postby Royal Dragon on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:08 pm

nianfong wrote:
Royal Dragon wrote:Wow, what brought this on?

I'm guessing this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=563

it's gotten pretty heated the past day.

Reply]
That's it? That is a pretty dumb reason to get all in a huff and ask to have the account deleted. There has to be more to it than that.

If i got all in a huff and quit every forum I got into a pissing contest on, I wouldn't be on any forums.

If that really is the only reason, it sounds like a huge case of hyper sensitivity to me.
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby Royal Dragon on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:13 pm

josh wrote::(
I always enjoyed your thoughtful questions and sincere opinions and gained a much deeper understanding and appreciation for shuaijiao from your posts.

Reply]
I have to agree. I have learned a lot from John Wang over the years. I even stole his Tai tzu form from the vids he had up of himself doing the set (as well as vids of him competing that were sent to me privately by someone else). I always had it in the back of my head to meet him, and someday show the set for him to see his opinion of my performance of it.

Anyway, he's going to be missed around here. I wish him well.
Last edited by Royal Dragon on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby internalenthusiast on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:10 pm

I have tried very hard to use my words so it won't offend anybody.

you have never offended me, john, in any way. ;)

i have enjoyed your posts, and have found them thought-provoking, in a very productive way.

i've felt your motivation to inspire thinking and growth to be very genuine, both from your posts, and the times i've met you personally. i've learned a lot, from both.

i also think you have been very generous, in the knowledge and experience that you have shared here.

remarkably so, in fact. :)

as far as the internet: people will never completely agree about anything, and the world would probably be a less interesting place if they did. and in the end, there would be less growth.

thanks again for your valuable contributions. i hope we can stay in touch.

best, tom
Last edited by internalenthusiast on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:11 pm

too bad. john wang is one of the more knowledgeable members of the forum. but i'll miss the humor the most.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby chud on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:14 pm

Mr Wang, I enjoy your posts and have always found your attitude refreshing. I hope you'll consider coming back at some point.

Peace,
Chris
Last edited by chud on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:17 pm

Sorry to see you go, J.W.! I have often been pleasantly challenged by your views. Sometimes usefully challenged, too--I've learned some things. Best wishes.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby SPJ on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:32 pm

I enjoyed JW/you know who posts much.

He always posted more info than many people are willing to post.

I had very nice discussions with him in the other forum. I learned a lot from his perspective especially in long fist and shuai jiao.

most people including me are only posting pieces and bits of info.

as far as argument and counter argument on the net, it is only the heat of the moment or knee jerk reaction for the most part. I usually just cool it off, and derail a bit with some humor and then move on.

agreed that all the info shared are really voluntary.

"a talk with a guy that is experienced worth more than reading books for three years" or something like that.

--

;D 8-) ;) :)
Last edited by SPJ on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SPJ
Wuji

Postby Chanchu on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:40 pm

Sifu John thanks for all of the great information you have kindly shared here.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby dragontigerpalm on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Hopefully you will reconsider but if not then I hope your departure will be temporary. I have always found your posts very thought provoking - except, of course, the ones that were just downright funny.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby meeks on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:31 pm

I thought your posts were straight forward and was happy to see you were from the line of thinking that kungfu is about hard training, not chasing chee. too bad not everyone else thought that way
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Teazer on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Thanks for the good times JW. You'll be missed.
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic