Cops Caught on Tape Framing Woman for Accident They Caused

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

What kind of punishment should the cops get if found guilty?

1. No punishment.
No votes
2. Administrative punishment like demotion, but keep their jobs.
No votes
3. Fired.
20%
4. Fired and misdemeanor conviction, community service, no jail time.
13%
5. Fired and misdemeanor conviction, at least 30 days in jail.
6%
6. Fired and felony conviction, at least one year sentence.
53%
7. Punishment? It was done to protect another cop, so it's okay. They just need more training on erasing the dash cams, otherwise great job!
6%

Total votes : 15

Cops Caught on Tape Framing Woman for Accident They Caused

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:36 am

Charges Dropped Against Woman Framed by Cops. Interesting how they publish the woman's picture, but not the cops' pictures. ::)

8 minute youtube video has a lot of F bombs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrBSYUF5gkQ

Have I mentioned lately that it's a good idea never to talk to cops when there's any chance of being a suspect in a crime?

"Never Talk to Cops" by Mr. James Duane, a professor at Regent Law School and a former defense attorney, tells you why you should never agree to be interviewed by the police. Officer George Bruch of Virginia Beach PD also advises not to talk to the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE
48 minutes
Michael

Re: Cops Caught on Tape Framing Woman for Accident They Caused

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:47 am

bearing false witness is a sin. Is it covered by law?
I think it is, it's called conspiracy and if one took place, then it is also abuse of authority and corruption of law enforcemnet officials.

why even have a poll?

If in fact they framed her , then they should be charged and should not be able to remain on the police force period.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:58 am

It's covered by law in various ways. It is illegal to give false information to police, but under most circumstances they are allowed and encouraged to lie to suspects, except for example, when under oath. It is illegal to make a false report to the police, but when's the last time a cop ever got prosecuted for that one? For example, if I go make a false report that my neighbor was drunk and crashed into my car, it's a misdemeanor in Texas (from my memory), but perjury in court is usually a felony.

The poll is to see what kind of punishment people think they deserve. Considering there are a multitude of special laws protecting police from lies and assaults from other citizens when either no such laws exist citizen-to-citizen or carry significantly less punishment, I think cops should be held to the highest standards and get the strictest treatment in court according to all the circumstances.

Waiting for cerebus to tell me he was never encouraged to lie when he was in the MP's ;D
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:43 am

I think they should be fired because they've shown they can't be trusted. If they'd lie about a traffic ticket, they'd sure as hell lie about a killing. As far as further punishment, that is up to the woman to sue. ... But, it'snot exactly new. It's that people are forgetting that little brother is watching.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:49 am

If you listen to the dash cam you'll hear there is one cop coordinating a conspiracy to convict a woman of DUI in order to cover up the fact that one of the other cops rear-ended her at an intersection. The other three cops are going along with it as he reassures them that it will work and says he "never, ever" makes things up, but to protect another cop he'll do it since the woman admitted to having been at a beer party. I suppose in the cop's mind that makes her the bad gal. She could sue them and the DA could pursue criminal charges.
Michael

Postby everything on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:44 am

maximum consequences available. you can't have lawbreakers or "benders" enforcing the law. put em in the slammer with hardened criminals.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Teazer on Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:46 pm

Michael wrote:If you listen to the dash cam you'll hear there is one cop coordinating a conspiracy to convict a woman of DUI in order to cover up the fact that one of the other cops rear-ended her at an intersection.

She was still DUI & would've been prosecuted for that, even if they'd fessed up to the rear-ending as they should've. They were conspiring to obstruct justice with respect to the 'rear-ender' though.

Nice sound quality in those car recordings btw. :)
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:20 pm

Was she proven to be DUI? Just because she had "been drinking," or admitted to it, doesn't mean that she was intoxicated or that her blood alchohol level was above the legal limit. If she wasn't Breathalized and tested, it's just hearsay, even if it was out of her mouth. People say odd things when stressed, such as just having been rearended by another car, and then confronted by police.

She was obeying the law -- stopped at a light at the intersection, and was not reported to be driving erratically. The cop rearended her vechicle. She is not the criminal, and can't be shown beyond a shadow of a doubt to have been drunk.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:59 pm

I-mon
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:21 pm

lol NWA in response to the fucked up LAPD

they have tha authority to kill a minority ..

you'd rather see me in the pen than me and lorenzo rolling in the benzo
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:26 pm

everything
Wuji

Postby Teazer on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Interloper wrote:Was she proven to be DUI? Just because she had "been drinking," or admitted to it, doesn't mean that she was intoxicated or that her blood alchohol level was above the legal limit. If she wasn't Breathalized and tested, it's just hearsay, even if it was out of her mouth. People say odd things when stressed, such as just having been rearended by another car, and then confronted by police.

She was obeying the law -- stopped at a light at the intersection, and was not reported to be driving erratically. The cop rearended her vechicle. She is not the criminal, and can't be shown beyond a shadow of a doubt to have been drunk.

Fair enough. She was breathalyzed at the station and found over twice the limit, however, the person doing it was one of the conspiracy, so we'll never know for sure. So at this point - 'not proved' despite her previous statement.
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:22 pm

That shows why this is such a major problem. When the police are trained and encouraged to lie to people who are considered suspects in order to trick them into incriminating themselves, IMO it can lead to a serious lack of credibility of those cops who are gathering evidence and who are often believed by prosecutors and judges, although not always juries. When you consider that something like 90% of criminal indictments in the USA get plea-bargained and never reach a jury (such as the bogus cases in Tulia, TX), but are basically decided by Asst. DA's and prosecutors along with hapless public defenders, then I think a huge problem with the system comes into view.
Michael

Postby Interloper on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Entrapment is a time-honored tradition, particularly in rural areas such as those in the Deep South (US). A good example are speed traps where cops target out-of-town vehicles and flip the speed-limit signs around to reveal a lower limit than the actual posting... then nab the hapless schmoe who is going what actually -was- the speed limit... and haul him off to "kangaroo court" (a fixed, "sham" court hearing or trial, the results of which are already predetermined) where he pays an exhorbitant fine.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:00 pm

This seems to happen alot in New Orleans too.

http://www.neworleanscitybusiness.com/v ... ecid=32704
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic