Swine Flu and Vaccine

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Would you allow your children to take a swine flu vaccination? If no kids, then yourself?

Yes
28%
No
57%
Maybe
14%

Total votes : 21

Swine Flu and Vaccine

Postby Michael on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:11 pm

The video on this page says that the PRC wants to vaccinate 65 million people and will concentrate on school children first.

BBC September 9, 2009
China is to become the first country in the world to start a mass swine flu vaccination programme for its population following a big surge in the number of cases.

No one's died yet from the virus in China but the authorities there describe the situation as 'grim'.

The big rise coincides with the start of the school year and the approaching winter.

Quentin Somerville reports.

EDIT: changed thread title for more general discussion of the swine flu
Last edited by Michael on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Re: China Set To Begin Mass Swine Flu Vaccination

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:26 am

I wonder how this vaccine thing is going to go. Is it going to be one of those things we will have to suffer the effects of in the future from being lied to as to what is actually in it, like how some say there are links to autism and a spike in vaccines given in the US 20 years ago. Or is this something of a more sinister nature. Heard that the "vaccine" was pushed through the studies and trails phase REALLY quickly. What's the story behind the story Michael?
Chris Fleming

Postby Michael on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:05 am

Locally, I haven't heard anything about swine flu vaccines. A Chinese teacher friend said he was going to the USA for a holiday with his wife in October and I told him the swine flu hype was on full tilt, he said he knew it was a hoax and wouldn't take any shots. When I cross from mainland China to Hong Kong, I have to fill out little questionnaires declaring how many chicken cloacas I have rubbed in the past 7 days and how many symptoms of flu I have, give my e-mail, mobile phone #, which seat on my transport I was in, etc. . When re-entering mainland China in Shen Zhen or Guangzhou, the World Health Organization has its workers taking temps and asking questions. They have signs displayed that read words to the effect, "The WHO is in control of this border crossing following pandemic alert level 5 (or 6). You must submit to our medical authority, temperature taking, examination, etc." That's been going on since May and hasn't let up. Schools in various places in China have been taking temps of anyone entering campuses, from middle school to university, but not anywhere near me or to anyone I've spoken to in Guangzhou. Doesn't mean it's not happening, just haven't caught wind of it. But you have to keep in mind that in China, you can ask someone immediately in front of you, "Are you immediately in front of me?" and they will say no, or not sure, or avoid the question.

That's all from this reporter for tonight. Back to you, Chris. Love the new tie by the way.
Michael

Postby bailewen on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:12 am

4 schools in Xi'an are closed do to the flu. One of the is where I work. They had been taking temperatures at the entrance and Friday a week ago there were 67 kids who were sent home with fevers. I had 6 kids absent in just one class. I started my October holiday early this year.

The thing is no hoax. People are getting it all over. The only thing that is overblown, and I think it really is overblown, is that this flu is not deadly. It's just really really contagious but I haven't heard of any deaths or even that it is particularly worse than "normal" flu.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:47 am

Seems to be very contagious, but not particularly severe. The part that is a hoax is that it was created in a laboratory and released by those who created it. How else could you get asian bird flu DNA, Mexican swine flu DNA, DNA from a 1918 Spanish flu corpse, and DNA from another "normal" human flu recombined. See www.fluscam.com. The other part of the hoax is using the pandemic alert for a non-deadly flu in order to exercise World Health Organization authority.
Michael

Postby bailewen on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:50 am

Oh...that part could be a hoax.

I also agree about WHO overstepping their bounds. Border quarantines seem kind of ridiculous to me for a non-deadly flu. It's already all over the place in China anyways. Apparently there was a big explosion in the number of cases right after school started which kind of makes sense.
www.xiangwuhui.com

bailewen
Great Old One

Postby grady on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:22 am

Michael wrote:Locally, I haven't heard anything about swine flu vaccines. A Chinese teacher friend said he was going to the USA for a holiday with his wife in October and I told him the swine flu hype was on full tilt, he said he knew it was a hoax and wouldn't take any shots. When I cross from mainland China to Hong Kong, I have to fill out little questionnaires declaring how many chicken cloacas I have rubbed in the past 7 days and how many symptoms of flu I have, give my e-mail, mobile phone #, which seat on my transport I was in, etc. . When re-entering mainland China in Shen Zhen or Guangzhou, the World Health Organization has its workers taking temps and asking questions. They have signs displayed that read words to the effect, "The WHO is in control of this border crossing following pandemic alert level 5 (or 6). You must submit to our medical authority, temperature taking, examination, etc." That's been going on since May and hasn't let up. Schools in various places in China have been taking temps of anyone entering campuses, from middle school to university, but not anywhere near me or to anyone I've spoken to in Guangzhou. Doesn't mean it's not happening, just haven't caught wind of it. But you have to keep in mind that in China, you can ask someone immediately in front of you, "Are you immediately in front of me?" and they will say no, or not sure, or avoid the question.

That's all from this reporter for tonight. Back to you, Chris. Love the new tie by the way.

I haven't heard anything about the vaccine, but I know people are fairly spooked about the 猪流感.

All the above has been my experience here (in Hangzhou) as well.

My University insisted on taking my temperature daily for a week after I came back from a trip abroad in August, and my protestations that sticking the same thermometer in a couple hundred people's ears per day might not exactly be helpful in PREVENTING the spread of the flu were met with the classic blank stare.
grady
Mingjing

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm certain they blessed the thermometer with a vigorous amount of mei wen ti before insertion.
Michael

Postby AllanF on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:10 pm

North East University (Dong Bei Da Xue) here in Shenyang is closed down due to swine flu. As far as i can tell the danger is to people who are already vulnerable, ie infants, elderly and those who have a low immune system for whatever reason be it genetic of due to illness.

I am undecided whether to get my daughter jabbed. I know other foreigners who are going to do it, my wife (a doctor) wants to do it. So we probably will but personally i am undecided.

I seem to recall Australia saying it was also going ahead with the vaccination after successful tests.

Re autism in MMR vaccine, back in 1998 in the UK there were some headline grabbing stories about a"link" between the vaccine and autism in babies, this was the result of the media being encouraged into scare stories by anti-vaccine groups and the media's own natural desire to boost paper sales. The scare story came from a single paediatrition who observed 12 autistic children with bowel disease and hypothesized that the autism in 8 children might have its origins in the bowel disease, which in turn might have been connected to the measles virus in the MMR jab. In fact the possible link in autism was later tested worldwide, with MILLIONS of children, it was seen to be entirely unfounded. There was no link, no support for the single doctor's hypothesis and it was even pointed out that the noted rise in autism happened before the MMR vaccine was introduced. The pediatrician was funded by a pressure group eager to find a link between the vaccine and autism...and was under investigation as a result (results of which i do not know).

The net result was that in 2006 as a result in massive increase in childhood deaths from measles an open letter was send to government by BMC stating "unless this is rectified urgently, and children are immunized, there will be further outbreaks and we will see more unnecessary deaths".
Last edited by AllanF on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
AllanF

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Check this shit out.

I understand that the federal courts will almost certainly call this unconstitutional but it is shocking that law makers would even think this shit up.

Should this happen you have to greet the police with a shot(gun) of your own.
Chris Fleming

Postby meeks on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm certain they blessed the thermometer with a vigorous amount of mei wen ti before insertion.

*snorting coffee on my screen* - ok, THAT was f-ing funny...
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby bailewen on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:03 am

From the CDC:

www.xiangwuhui.com

bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:35 am

Chris Fleming wrote:

Check this shit out.

I understand that the federal courts will almost certainly call this unconstitutional but it is shocking that law makers would even think this shit up.

Should this happen you have to greet the police with a shot(gun) of your own.

Judge Napolitano said that Massachusetts will be sorry they enacted this law because "there will be a revolt" the first time police break into someone's home, steal their child, and vaccinate him.
Michael

Postby canard on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:53 am

AllanF wrote:
The net result was that in 2006 as a result in massive increase in childhood deaths from measles an open letter was send to government by BMC stating "unless this is rectified urgently, and children are immunized, there will be further outbreaks and we will see more unnecessary deaths".

+1
Herd immunity is a miracle of modern medicine that is all too easily destroyed by misinformation.
not quite exactly in the service of the Crown
canard
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:33 am

It's good to prevent measles, but the rapid increase in autism, to the point in the USA where 1 in 60-80 young boys has it, is a serious problem. Vaccines do contain mercury, aluminum, and other materials called adjuvants that are linked to autism and other problems. Also, people have a right to chose what goes into their bodies. For anyone who chooses to take the vaccine, you are apparently protected from anyone who doesn't choose to do so, if the vaccines work as advertised.

Nearly all of the vaccines given to people are contaminated with cancer viruses, microplasmas, monkey viruses, or other live viruses. The list goes on and on. Vaccines have become big business and very high risk for people who take them, despite the preventative value they could have.

Polio knowingly contaminated with SV-40 monkey cancer, given to tens of millions of people
Baxter: Product contained live bird flu virus
Vaccines as Biological Weapons?
Bayer Knowingly Sells HIV Infected Medicine video
Bayer Sells AIDS-Infected Drug Banned in U.S. in Europe, Asia
Gardasil Causes 400 Percent More Deaths than Other Common Vaccine
More information on Gardasil and other vaccines from Dr. Sherri Tenpenny

Some information on the swine flu hype.
Last edited by Michael on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Next

Return to Off the Topic